Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage Duke Kahanamoku souvenir ukulele

Pages: 1 1 replies

Available for sale is this near mint condition vintage Duke Kahanamoku ukulele.The mahogany wood patina is absolutely as perfect as you can get .The back towards the lower body of the uke are three very minor little pukas on the edge.In no way does this take away from the display qualities or the play performance of this uke.Just wanted to be thorough in disclosing all the characteristics of this incredible ukulele.I am offering this to
TC peeps first ,before I make it available any where else.Would like to see it find
a good home.It's been in my collection for about seven years..

What sets this Duke Kahanamoku ukulele apart from 98% of other comparable Duke ukuleles that you may come across at vintage souvenir or hawaiiana shows or ebay are ,several key features.First of all, the original hang tag is all intact and in excellent shape.This was hung on the key pegs when displayed in a store back in the day.The hang tag explains peg maintenance and instruction.

Extremely rare to find one of these Duke ukes with it's original hang tags.They usually got lost or tossed.Secondly, the code of arms Hawaii decal located on the top of the uke, is perfect with no paint loss or chips.I would say this uke dates 1950's .On the back towards the top, you will see the original Japan foil sticker is intact as well.I don't believe this fine example of a vintage Duke uke has seen much play if any at all.The condition on the wood thru out the body of ukulele is in xlnt condition .

This Duke ukulele would display well in your Hawaiian or Tiki room and go well with your Napco,Treasure Craft,Trader Vics,Duke Kahanamoku, longboard surfboards,Marwal,Lego,chalkware, hulagirl,hawaiian art,hawaiian figurines,Royal Copley and your vintage rattan furniture.It's not very often you come across this pristine of Duke Kahanamoku collectable ukulele for your hawaiina,Duke, or Tiki collection. Feel free to PM or email any questions .

Mahalo for your interest
Bill

$ 250.00

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-07-31 08:44 ]

Guess everyone is saving their nickels and dimes for OASIS .I am working on a website
dedicated to vintage Hawaiiana only .

Pages: 1 1 replies