Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tikibad's tiki mugs and other projects

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

T

Hi all, well started to make tiki mugs, I have made around 16 of them, and its flowing, carving them out of leather hard clay, as soon as I get enough to get the kiln filled, then I will fire then . Then start making molds and cast them. I am having a great time doing this carving. most of the time its just pick up the piece, carve a line or 2 in the clay, and it starts to flow out. let me know what you think here are some of them. thanks tikibad scott

TikiBad, you've been a bad, bad tiki. I'm liking it a lot. You're on FIRE 8)! Tiki on wit yo' bad self.

T

Those are gonna be cool! Love to see some more progress pic!

T

here one I did yesturday afternoon in an hour, just letting it flow, as it comes tikibad scott
progress shots

these are other ones I did last week

here the one I did in an hour

Scott, I like that you are carving these out of leatherhard clay instead of sculpting them out of soft clay. Most people put their ceramics in the "Other Crafts" forum but this technically is carving, I guess it belongs here :D

What is that clay you are using and are you carving them with bamboo tools?

T

well here are 2 more, I have 6 going to be fired this week. very cool cant wait

T

well they are getting better, here is some more I did thursday

B

Man Tikibad, these are all not looking Bad at ALL!

T

thanks! I am having fun carving and just letting it flow out, I pick up the first fired batch today, very excited.

T

there fired bisk ware, getting ready to make my molds. tiki bad

B

More Awesome Stuff, Man you're really on a Roll, Keep pumping them out while'ya can

T

ok heres something really cool, just found out my vw bus is going to be in volksworld camper New Zealand trip edition. My bus is atiki theme and on the cover. think its comeing out in oct or nov look for it . Idid all the carving and interior (except for the carved tiki I got a Oceanantic arts) but the rest I did.

T

Your Van is real cool, do you have a thread link for it?

T

all I have is wwwnoworrieskiwikat.com shirts and car stuff the bus is on that and my 57 ford pick with a hemi as well

T

here are 2 of my shirts

S

cool cool! love the tiki vw

T

here one of the lastest mugs, a vw split getting ready to add the tiki.

T

well I am casting the first tiki mug very exciting will have it listed on ebay and noworrieskiwikat com

B

Cool stuff tikibad. the old bus has a few miles on her but Lots more'ta go!

T

here is a sample glaze on the first tiki mug! its growing on me. I have 4 in the kiln of other colors

T

here the better glaze, working on 6 others , will post when done

T

Just listed the first of many tiki mugs from no worries kiwi kat dot com, "ARIKI TAN" listed on ebay item 230536460721 for 7 days no reserve check it out!! thanks tikibad scott

T

here are 4 more colors to my Ariki series, soon to be listed, the really cool thing, all of them are different, from shape to glaze, each one is a one of a kind, very cool, I will be listing more on ebay. I will only be making a certain amount, made in arizona. All designs are by me, cast , and glazed.

T

T

here another one

T

well the first mug is one ebay and has 12 hours to go, 6 bidders, very impressive! thanks guys

T

sorry , some 4 hrs and change to go till the end of the auction ebay item 230536460721 thanks scott

TIKI BAD, Fire Good!

[ Edited by: tikibad 2010-10-16 16:44 ]

T

sold! the first one for 80.00! awsome thankyou

Looking good,like your design! keep up the good work.

T

well here is 4 more colors that I am working on, have not made a full set, just samples, and some I will put on ebay before I do alimited batch. thanks scott

ARIKI RIMU (above)

ARIKI Teaka (above)

ARIKI (bamboo)

ARIKI RIMU

T

New Item listed ARIKI RIMU on ebay Item 230539791237 no reserve

T

new mug! just carved

Wow, you are on a roll, Wendy

T

here are 2 that just came out, hope you all like them

T

Nice work on the glazes.

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Nov 1, 2010 9:36 AM

The glazes are very artsy

T

Thanks guys, working hard I have 12 mugs in the works, its just flowing out like lava, here is the first of my vw -tiki mugs in glaze form, not fired. Its in the kiln right now so I will post tomorrow. the top is white, the body is red the brown is the color of my first tiki mug I glazed .Heres the sample

Nice glaze, looks like a high fire ash glaze

L

On 2010-10-31 22:39, tikibad wrote:

Seems look like japanese Raku...

T

Here is the fired vw tiki mug, 1st one, a tester, I have 6 others in the kiln tonight ready tomorrow , also testers

T

my tiki-vw -surf mug is on ebay check it out item number 230547185858

T

here is mug design #2 still working on the glaze, but this is 1 in 3 tiki bad

My favorite is the 3rd photo on page one of this thread. Do you have one available? I love to carve too. I think that Bai does her perfect art by carving the clay but I don't know for sure. Keep it up, oh those are terrific T-shirts. Wendy

T

Thanks I am working on that one now, and hopefully in a week I will have some going out, what color do you think?? or what color appeals to you?? any sugestions, are welcome scott tikibad

B

Really Incredible looking Glazes,, Totally Awesome!

Way to get your hands dirty Scott! Keep those photos comin!

T

hi all, spent xmas in San Diego half moon inn and brunch at the Bali Hai, just awsome! last time I was there, 1 week before they colsed for remodeling, and I had to go see hank @ Freaky Boutiki, left him some mugs for the store and they look great! Thanks Hank! take a look

TIKI BAD, Fire Good!

[ Edited by: tikibad 2010-12-27 16:36 ]

[ Edited by: tikibad 2011-01-08 07:21 ]

[ Edited by: tikibad 2011-01-08 07:22 ]

T

Here are the lastest vw tiki mugs getting ready to list on ebay, as well as some new limited designs.
grenn one

Pages: 1 2 60 replies