Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

After 8 years....our biggest score yet! Barney West and Atlanta's Dobbs House Laua

Pages: 1 3 replies

It all started eight years ago...three innocent frosted Disney Polynesian mugs sitting on a shelf in a thrift store in Tuscaloosa, AL. A lot of people on TC have come and gone since then. Fast forward to this past Sunday. My wife and I were wondering through one of our favorite junkin' spots here in Atlanta. Going in, we totally missed it...on our way out, our jaws dropped.

Thanks once again to TC, we knew this to be a Barney West Marquesan Family tiki! IF that were not exciting enough, there is some history and provenance to this guy. This one was carved by Barney for the Atlanta Dobbs House Luau location. When the restaurant closed, this guy made its way back to Tiki Junction. The seller's mom was out travelling and while in Sausalito she purchased this tiki directly from Barney and brought it back to Atlanta.

Now we have it for the low price of $350. We are honored to be in possession of this and it will be the center piece for the third incarnation of our Wiki Wiki Room.

Follow the adventure: Northcrest MCM

[ Edited by: tikisobayli 2010-08-05 09:20 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Aug 5, 2010 6:29 AM

Spectacular find. What a centerpiece to bring home - congrats!

Thanks for sharing with us. G

BB

Great story, Great Tiki and Congratulations!! :D

Congratulations on your Barney West tiki find...amazing, truly amazing to see these resurfacing here on these forums.

You will see yours in this catalog picture, three to the right of the one I found a few weeks ago in the red circle...

Great story, thanks for sharing!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2010-08-05 07:06 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies