Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

JOHN-O's Zombie Roadtrip - Aug 8-16, 2010

Pages: 1 3 replies

J
JOHN-O posted on Sat, Aug 7, 2010 4:42 PM

OK, it looks like the (work) stars are aligned and I may be able to pull off visits to (almost) every major Tiki bar in the West over 8 consecutive days. To make this interesting, I thought I'd sample the most historic and iconic of Tropical drinks at each (the Zombie) and post a comparative review. My criteria will be mixology quality (i.e. taste), value (i.e. price), and the level of Tiki ambience the cocktail is enjoyed in.

Here's my targeted itinerary:

Sun - Frankie's, 3pm or 4pm
Mon - Don the Beachcomber, 5pm
Tue - Smuggler's Cove, 7pm
Wed - Tonga Room, 7pm
Thu - Forbidden Island, 9pm
Fri- Trader Vic's LA, 8pm
Sat - Tiki-Ti, 5pm
Sun - Tonga Hut, 5pm

If any TCer wants to join me, I'll buy a Zombie for the first person to perform the "Zombie walk".

:)

L

JOhn I will try to meet up with you Thursday @ FI. I think doing a zombie taste test across the bars is an excellent idea :)

Hey John-O, you madman! have a good trip threw Boozeland, we will try and get out to Don's on Monday to see you.

MT

We saw you at Forbidden Island tonight, for a New York minute or so. :) Otto and I went to look for you a little later as the band was into their second set, and to introduce you to the NorCal crew, but you had already skee-daddled. Hope you had a good time! See you at Tiki Oasis?

If you hit Trader Vic's LA on Friday, then you'll get to see The Exotics again - they were great!

Pages: 1 3 replies