Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Need help to ID this iron tiki mask

Pages: 1 5 replies

Calling all urban archaeologists!

Picked up this tiki mask today and in speaking with the seller about where he found it, he told me he bought this from a collector in Oakland who had this in storage for the past 35 years. The original owner claimed to have picked this up from a tiki bar that had closed down years ago in the Bay Area, but he could not remember which one it came from.

It measures approximately 22" tall and 14" wide and is extremely heavy. There is one small hole in the top and bottom center, it may have been mounted to something once upon a time.

Does anyone recognize this? From where did he hail?

Thanks for the help!

PTD

M

It's the fabled Lost Zombie Hut Jell-o[tm] Mold!

L

On 2010-08-08 13:04, MrBaliHai wrote:
It's the fabled Lost Zombie Hut Jell-o Mold!

lol

Not sure where its from but I am sure paid $1 for it and its going to be worth like $1000

:wink:

M

Not sure where its from but I am sure paid $1 for it and its going to be worth like $1000

Yes, that is the way of PTD.

I would be leaning toward a cake mold over Jello, but hey, what do I know, otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help?

Something I left out was the tag that was on the mask. It has one of those old manila tags tied to it with what appears to be a lot number on one side and the description and price on the other, similar to the ones items had at the Trader Vic's warehouse sales. The seller was not the one who put the tag on this, it came from the original owner that way.

All I can figure with this is it had to be custom made for someone. I can't remember every seeing anything like this.

Thanks,

PTD

Really??

No one on this? I thought for sure someone might have an idea?

I know I don't know??

PTD

Pages: 1 5 replies