Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco shield similar to page 8 Book of Tiki question

Pages: 1 3 replies

M

Hi I've aquired this awesome Witco Tiki Shield. Can anyone tell me anything about it's origins or it's worth? It is the same shape and size and leopard fabric as the one in the book. My shield however has a single large
Tiki down the center that lites up. I love it!!!

Questions about its origin are best answered by looking up my second book, "Tiki Modern (and the Wild World of Witco)"

I don't have a copy of it with me, but I think there might be color catalog photo of your shield in it, too. It's early 70s. The value is, as with any Witco in this economy, a wild guess, these shields used to go for several hundreds.

Posts like this are best posted in the "Witco Ghetto":
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20416&forum=5&start=915&921

....but only if you are worried to offend those who do not like Witco, and don't want to look at it. Given the fact that one of the main thrills of Witco is that it offends good taste, I say post it where ever you like! :D :wink:

I kinda collect Witco ,so, I'm always curious ,what part of the country did you find it in?

M

Thanks Guys. I found it in San Francisco.
I thought I was posting in the show me your Witco, but being my first post I got a little confused. Sorry about that. I'll check out your second book, too.

Pages: 1 3 replies