Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

over: woofmutt stuff & junk like that sale & GROG Ballet 8/4/10

Pages: 1 14 replies

Hey there toy train fans,

Woofmutt Stuff and Junk Like That SOLD our hand made in the USA pieces of Stuff & Junk Saturday August 14th in Seattle at a certain annual Tiki Party (which wasn't posted about on TC this year so we DIDN'T feel free to name it.).

IT WAS your chance to get one of a kind Stuff & Junk at prices most people sell large packs of toilet paper for. Every danged piece of Stuff & Junk Like That WAS $25 or less.

"What?" we don't hear you asking because you actually stopped reading a paragraph ago, "How DID Woofmutt Stuff and Junk Like That sell hand made one of a kind pieces of such epic dust collectibility and pop tastiness for such low low prices???"

The answer is completely scientific! But since most Americans hate science we'll explain it to you with this song:

1. We're not a big brand name, we don't make art, we don't sell in galleries, and we don't have rich patrons waiting to buy our next piece.

2. We have more time than money and because of that we can pay ourselves the same wage a 12 year old working in a textile plant in Pakistan gets for making GAP jeans.

3. Pert near everyone is broke or worried about being broke these days and we don't want to have to babysit all this Stuff until the economy improves. So these prices WERE meant to be like a little devil on your shoulder telling you that if you went to the beach and got sand for free you could stop buying kitty litter for Trixie's litter box and instead buy Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That for you're Tiki bar.

4. These prices WERE for in person cash sales only so we DIDN'T have to spend extra time and money on packing, shipping, Paypalling, or marketing ourselves outside of the Pacific Northwest which would involve learning new slang and figuring out what hand gestures not to make because someone in Los Feliz might think it's a gang sign and pop a cap in our asses.

"Wow, thanks Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That! Now I realize that Andrew Jackson was a real jerk and I SHOULD HAVE GIVEN you any pictures of him I HAD in my wallet! But one more question, since no one is reading this anyway, isn't Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That really just a single person? Why do you keep saying "we"?

Because it's fun. Now look at these pretty pictures...

Some of the Woofmutt Stuff and Junk Like That WAS For Sale Saturday August 14 (A dozen or so smaller pieces didn't get photographed cuz it's hard.) Prices generally reflect the size of the piece. Lower prices = smaller sizes. Gnerally.

As Imagined 2 $15, maybe even $10 because no one likes it. Your poor taste could be your ticket to SAVINGS!

Crag (2010) $15 cuz he's smaller than a $20 piece and if we priced him at $20 someone might think we were trying to screw them on the price and we don't want someone to think, we want someone to buy. UPDATE: SOLD!

Pop Curve (2010) $20 "A great prices for such an epic pop presence!" -Imagined auction catalog comment-

Duo (2010) $20 but might be $15 because Duo apparently doesn't have what we in the biz call "eye catchability."

Big Pop (2010) $20. Should be $25 but we know you'd balk and walk at $25. Your fraidy cat attitude saves you five bucks!

Oh Three (2010) $20. Or $15, we can't remember. UPDATE: SOLD!

Mantle Something (2010) $20 cuz we like it and will keep it if the $20 price makes you cry. UPDATE: SOLD!

Oh One (2010) (UPDATE: SOLD!)

Pop Knot (2010) (UPDATE: SOLD!)

Thinker (2010) Probably $15, maybe $10. We haven't figured out the market report on this one yet.

Island Hotel (2010) $15 because we also like this one and will happily keep it. In fact we like it so much it may not even be at the sale cuz we ate it.

Pop Top (2010) $10

Sketch (2010) $10 (UPDATE: SOLD!)

Curse Word (2010) $10

Oh Wall (2010) $10

Cheese! (2010) $10. Maybe $15 cuz we like it. But we can only keep so much of this Stuff so probably $10. On the other hand it makes a great gift for our friends and relations so maybe $15. UPDATE: SOLD! To the hillbilly hula gal from South Jet City! (Ten bucks, how's that?)

Chunk Mouth (2010) $15

Bone Breaker (2010) $15. Or maybe $10. He's worth $15 but y'know, the market. UPDATE: SOLD!

Clunk Mouth (2010) $15.

Weathered on Wood (2010) $20

How I feel Right Now (2010) $15 because look how happy it is! (Yes, money can buy you happiness. Put that in your inspirational coffee mug and drink it, Hallmark!) UPDATE: SOLD!

***Boat Mouth L ***(2010) Boat Mouth R (2010) $20 EACH. But wait...AMAZING DEAL! Buy them as a set for $35!!! (UPDATE: SOLD! seperately.)

5-O-Clock (2010) $15. He should be $20 but no one seems to give a damn about him. We can understand. His awesomness is not obvious to the clouded gaze of the modern mind.

Plank Cousin (2010) $20 because he's so cool. UPDATE: SOLD!

Plank Cousin Also (2010) $20...Maybe $15 cuz he kinda looks like he follows Plank Cousin around and does whatever he tells him. UPDATE: SOLD!

Tongue (2010) (What a terrible picture of this piece!) $15 because we don't like it. Yeah, it's pretty swell (hard to tell cuz this picture really sucks) and we were happy with the end result, but Tongue and us have never clicked. We think he's a snob or something. Or likes rap.

(Boy does that picture make Tongue look like crap!)

PRICES SUBJECT TO GETTING SLIGHTLY MESSED UP BECAUSE WE WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION. SHOULD THE PRICE YOU SEE IN PERSON BE DIFFERENT MENTION THE PRICE QUOTED HERE AND THAT'S THE PRICE!

These prices WERE for in person cash sales. At the moment we aren't shipping. We'd apologize but we've done nothing wrong and actually resent the guilt trip you're piling on us though at the same time we are also flattered that you like Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That and that mix of emotions has just given us a headache.

YES...You COULD HAVE HAD an agent make a CASH purchase for you. But we DIDN'T PACK pieces for shipping. We HAD nice shopping bags for pieces to be transported safely home on foot, in a car or a taxi or rickshaw or on horseback. For air transport pieces WOULD HAVE NEEDED packing along the lines of a blown glass piece. Or maybe a fancy cake. Currently (and especially at these prices) we don't do that.

Ask me about the TIKI JEEP!!!

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-13 12:29 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-13 14:46 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-13 17:18 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-14 06:22 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-14 07:23 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-15 03:29 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-08-21 09:49 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-10-07 07:55 ]

I want Cheese...

B

Damn nice woof -

Let me know if'n you decide to ship - trades?

Nice Stuff and Junk!

Thanks chess fans.

Miss Pea: I marked Cheese! sold for yuh.

Mr. Babalu: Some day I'll maybe get into shipping and probably be keen on trades. Currently I'm livin la vida loca and adding shipping issues to the Stuff just ain't doable.

B

On 2010-08-13 11:36, woofmutt wrote:

Bone Breaker (2010) $15. Or maybe $10. He's worth $15 but y'know, the market.

Understood....this is the one that caught my eye.

W

This is it! Today!

But wait, there's more!

Sophista_Tiki will be there with some of her originals which rumor has it will be a "special sale on Sophista-tiki originals" for Seattle only!!!

Phynix will be there with her really swell Voodoo Doll Accesories!!!

There may be one other local maker of neat things!!!

Of course Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That will be there all up in your face and what not.

Plus thousands of cool people partying hardily on Voodoo Punch!!!

Will the Tiki Jeep be there?

B

Cool stuff Woofmutt, I still like Crag but it would be hard to choose which one or three I would het IF you shipped these buggers. Your pricing is WAY Reasonable and it's About time we saw some art from the Woof brain...

Woof, I received my two pieces of Woof brand stuff and junk today from Dawn at Oasis. Love them, thank you!

SophistaTiki's Wings-O-Paradise Courier Service...Highly Recommended!

Hey woof. Jungle LIKE!

B

Dammit, and I Really Liked the "Tongue" too!
Well did'ja at least have FUN???

H

I like some of your pieces also, I wish I could have one.

TK

me likey.... me want...me must have. please! me needa learn betta engrish.

Pages: 1 14 replies