Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at SF Burning Man Decompression party Oct 10th

Pages: 1 15 replies

Scroll to bottom to read about Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at SF Burning Man Decompression party Oct 10th

Read on to catch up on Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at this years Burning Man

Once again Shipwreck Tiki Lounge hit the desert for 2010 Burning Man. Volunteers toiled months to raise the "tipsy" factor to stellar levels. Shipwreck Tiki Lounge's past effort were rewarded by Burning Man with the prestigious address of 7:30 and Esplanade. (For the Burning Man novice just think of it as front row center) Since the demise of Tiki Fest, Shipwreck Tiki Lounge is the only remaining venue carrying on the tiki torch at Burning Man.
Check out our website or preferably our facebook page and see our shipwrecky style military entertainment tent with stage, bamboo cage and stripper pole, the brand new driftwood hurricane bar and the booming 10k sound system. Tiki and shipwreck art includes our signature art piece the actual shipwrecked wooden boat, lots of black light tiki paintings, tons of tikis and numerous shipwreck flotsam and jet sum.
For 2011 we need exotica or surf guitar DJ's or DJ wannabe's, pls contact our entertainment director. (Any scantily clad shipwrecked ladies report to me directly.)
Also our brand new Shipwreck Tiki Lounge tiki mugs by legendary Crazy Al are now on sale.
Check out our website at http://www.shipwrecktikilounge.com or like us at http://www.facebook.com/shipwrecktikilounge

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - fixed broken link - 2010-08-15 13:48 ]

[ Edited by: tikitikitom 2010-09-20 21:04 ]

[ Edited by: tikitikitom 2010-10-05 12:34 ]

[ Edited by: tikitikitom 2010-10-05 12:41 ]

H

Good stuff!

O
Otto posted on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 12:38 PM

Tom

thanks for representing Tiki at Burning Man. Is yours the only "real" Tiki bar there now?
Can your mugs be bought after B Man for those that do not make the trek?

Burning Man is pretty big so there just might be something else out there but I sure haven't found it yet. For sure not on the Esplanade. There are numerous tiki or quasi-tiki themed art cars, some of which are pretty sweet. Burning Man has been bugging me for years to start a tiki village (a conglomeration of tiki camps) but I'm not the best organizer and haven't been able to generate any interest. If other tiki freaks out there are interested we could get some really killer BM real estate. I have an Oakland warehouse home base where alot of cool tiki stuff is stored including those original Bobby Bumatai statues you wanted to check out years ago. Let me know.

the ship looks awesome but you are missing the martini kings!

Alas, we must use our well worn Martini Kings CD's till the day the Martini Kings are shipwrecked with us at Burning Man.(hint hint)

I wish I was going this year! Post photos and next year if you do a tiki camp count me in!

Great new pictures of the award winning Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at Burning Man are now posted on facebook.com/shipwrecktikilounge

Thanks to all who made it happen this year.

To those interested in joining next years party go to our website [email protected] or fan us on facebook.

Tiki art to be brought to the playa next year is in the early planning stages now! We need the involvement of the tiki community to keep this going and keep it fresh.

News Flash: An edited version of Shipwreck Tiki Lounge will be at the Burning Man Decompression party in L.A. State Historical Park Oct 2nd. A rare L.A. appearance, a great chance to meet and greet and see what tiki at Burning Man is all about.

[ Edited by: tikitikitom 2010-09-18 21:20 ]

[ Edited by: tikitikitom 2010-09-18 21:23 ]

CA

Will you have fab new mugs in LA for the fanz???

To make that happen I'd have to drive halfway to San Diego to San Miguel or somewhere and i'm not sure i have time for that. But we'll see, I'm working on it. You got anybody headed that way next week? Might earn themselves a mug or two. (Remember they also have to be boxed.) For our Burning man Decompression LA our edited version of Shipwreck Tiki Lounge will include the new really cool driftwood bar with thatch roof, the new huge black light tiki prints, and plenty of flotsam and jetsum. We'll smuggle in some grog so if you identify yourself as a tiki centralite they'll be no need for you to pay sky high drink prices (that is if you can stand the swill we serve). Hope to see ya.
tikitom

Good meeting you at Forbidden Island Tom. Sent you a pm.

http://www.TikiJungle.com

M
Murph posted on Fri, Oct 1, 2010 2:47 PM

Anyone from TC heading over to this?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 1, 2010 3:53 PM

GROG was hoping to check it out.

This just in: Shipwreck Tiki Lounge will be at the San Francisco Burning Man Decompression party on Sunday Oct. 10th off Indiana st. The infamous (and rare) Crazy Al Shipwreck tiki mugs will be available for sale. This will be our last event of the year and it will be a great one so don't miss it! Come meet the crew and find out what tiki at Burning Man is all about.

Day trip to S.F. might be happenin' for the Jungle Trader.

Come early as the line to get in gets to be a block long by the afternoon. Here's a picture of our set-up at L.A. Decom. We'll be setting up the same thing in SF.

Pages: 1 15 replies