Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Oasis VanTiki Preview

Pages: 1 7 replies

V

Aloha Folks -

Wanted to give you a preview of what to expect at the VanTiki booth next weekend. I have prepared a wide variety of curiosities for Oasis, and we did our best to provide not only a wide assortment of goodies, but to make them available at a fair range of prices as well. I've been working all summer on these pieces, and I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is to finally be able to bring them to Oasis. Mugs and oddities that do not find a new home at the Oasis show will be made available on ebay and etsy in the following weeks. And now, onto the show!

Clay TikiCoins
These odd bits of ancient ceramic currency are actually hand-crafted geocoins to use when geocaching. What's that? You have no idea what geocaching is? Fret not, dear sir. They also make fantastic necklaces, paperweights, good luck totems, or conversation pieces for your parlor. We pressed 4 different designs in a limited edition of 100 each. Most have already been snapped up by geocaching fanatics like myself, and I will bring the remaining coins to Oasis. Included with each coin is a small "pathtag" (a type of metal pendant/keychain fob). Measuring approximately 2 1/8 inches in diameter. $20 each

Tiki Tiles
These hand pressed ceramic tiles are available in a variety of designs and colors. All have a notch on the back for easy wall hanging and measure approximately 4 1/2 inches square. $35 each

Trepanning Accidents
As Dr. Yojo often says, you need to break a few eggs to make an omelet. I made 12 of these entirely hand-built mugs for Oasis - 6 with red inner craniums and 6 with green innner craniums. The patients have porcelain teeth, and all are sporing Dr. Yojo's new (and quite decorative) cranial cutting technique. $300 each

Zombies
This group of four shambling undead have promised to be a their best behavior at Oasis, as long as we let then chew on their bones. Entirely hand-built with porcelain teeth and tinted porcelain eyes. Sip from their brains while they chew on yours! $500 each

More to come later this week! Titanium Swizzle sticks (still need to photograph them)! Jade mug of Mystery (also needs to be photographed)! The Deep-Sea Moai and last (but not least), the Stone Pitcher (both are in the kiln now - cross your fingers)!

Mahalo for peeking, and I can't wait to see you all at Oasis!

Henrik "VanTiki"

L

Can not wait to see the zombie mugs in person!

L

Can not wait to see the zombie mugs in person!

CA

looking forward to seeing you!

Love the Dr.'s card! Well, love the coins too!, oh and those skulls... all around awesome!

V

Mahalo guys (and gal)!

Meeting all of you is 110% of the reason we committed to Tiki Oasis this year. Can't begin to tell you how excited I am. Just got the UPS Tracker telling me my goodies will arrive in SD tomorrow. Thursday can't come soon enough!

Henrik

M

Glad to hear of more people traveling to Oasis from Hawaii, I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your incredible stuff in person. See you in a couple Days!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2010 9:09 PM

GROG excited.

Pages: 1 7 replies