Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Giant concrete moai statue for sale

Pages: 1 5 replies

S

This is my interpretation of one of the famous giant headed statues on Easter Island, or Rapa Nui. It was made for a local tiki event (Festiki), but it would be great decor for any tiki bar, back yard tiki oasis, near the swimming pool, or in the garden.

This one of kind, large, weather resistant statue stands 5'5" tall and is around 26" wide. It is carved out of industrial polystyrene foam with a heavy coating of a special concrete mixture which makes it very strong, yet light enough to be moved. It is approximately 150 lbs. It is reinforced in certain damage prone areas with an aluminum mesh embedded in the concrete.

Since this item is very large and heavy, either local pickup or freight shipping will be required. I have transported it easily in the back of my Ford Windstar with the seats folded down, so it should fit into other minivans or pickup trucks as well.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Me with the moai at a luau (before final coating):

I am asking $800. or best offer.

If you are interested in purchasing this piece, please make me an offer and I'll consider it. I'd really like to sell this before the end of the month.

Thanks!

[ Edited by: Spaceboy 2011-07-17 14:43 ]

S

Bump.

Only two more days left in the auction.

Thanks for looking.

S

This moai is still for sale, although not via e-bay auction anymore.

This year I marched with it in the annual Columbus, OH Doo Dah Parade.

It has been sitting in my back yard oasis now for a whole year and has suffered no ill effects from the weather.

If you are interested, please contact me at:
[email protected]

Thank you!

[ Edited by: Spaceboy 2011-07-17 14:39 ]

This moai is now spoken for, however I can create more, so if you're interested, please contact me at:
[email protected]

On 2011-07-17 14:34, Spaceboy wrote:
This moai is still for sale, although not via e-bay auction anymore.

This year I marched with it in the annual Columbus, OH Doo Dah Parade.

It has been sitting in my back yard oasis now for a whole year and has suffered no ill effects from the weather.

If you are interested, please contact me at:
[email protected]

Thank you!

Way to represent.

Did you get 800???

Pages: 1 5 replies