Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Mauna Loa Drum & the Cobras Fang Mugs will be ready to ship Oct. - Nov.

Pages: 1 20 replies

B

Well, glad to see TC back online again. :)

Sorry to be showing my Oasis hand a little late, but my little 10 day vacation pushed me to the wire getting these goodies out, but hey,...everything is done that is going to get done. Note: I had a customer come over for a studio visit yesterday, as am located really close to the Oasis event, and brought up about a third of my inventory already. I still have some goodies left though which will be displayed inside this year in the Artist Alley area. I'm there in the same small corner with some other really great ceramists, Bowana, Vantiki, MP, GoGo, and GROG. Kirby is there with some Killa carvings...take a break, come on inside in the air conditioning, we all want to meet you!

I've got a few new mugs available this year -

1st - The Cobras Fang Mug will be there. (I had 20 done yesterday - I'm down to 13) The colored versions will be $85 each - The Yin and Yang Snakes will be $55 each, or $100 for the pair.

2nd - The Mauna Loa Drum mug. (I had 10 yesterday - I'm down to 5 left today).

This version of the Mauna Loa (below) is $65 each...I'm very happy with this version. I thought the glaze works great. I will be doing 50 of these total.

Next is the Custom Mauna Loa - $150 each - I will only be doing 20 of these.

Look for the table...

See you all at OASIS!!!

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-10-20 20:29 ]

H
harro posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 5:49 AM

Holy crap!! Too much amazing art going down at the moment... these are unreal Babs! I bet you'll have none left after a few hours at Oasis.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2010 8:52 AM

Get your stopwatches to time how fast Babs sells out of mugs.

Yeah, what are you going to do with the rest of your weekend after you sell out by 6pm Friday :lol:

Top notch work my friend!

Best of luck to you!

T

The mugs were very impressive in person - some of the best at Oasis! Well done!

L

One really good thing for Babalu is he didnt have much to pack up and take home with him after this weekend!

Awesome work in person! Everything was really awe inspiring!

T

I was very happy to get my hands on one of the Cobra mugs before they all quickly slithered away! Thank you, Babs, and it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person.

T

Awesome! This was the first year I didn't get to walk around and look at all the great art. Nice job Bab, all those mugs are awesome!

B

Huge thank you to all who purchased one of my mugs during Oasis they went quickly...hey, it helped me buy a new much needed camera :) , and just in time for some traveling next week. - thank you all!

As most know...I am "only" doing "2 limited edition runs" on my tribute to the Mauna Loa - Detroit http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4786&forum=2&start=0&70

The first was this $150. version. I am only doing 11 of these....Sorry folks...this edition is SOLD OUT. For those of you that signed up on the list at Oasis, I will be completing and filling your orders through Sept & Oct. I will let you know when we get close to doing the PayPal thingy....

The next, and "last limited edition run on the Mauna Loa Drum mug" is the $65. version...there will be only 30 of these made. Yes, a list was started at Oasis...however, they are not all spoken for yet. I have 6 spots on the list left that are not taken. If you would like on the "list" for one of these 6, please chime in....no money needed now of course...again, I will be filling these orders through September, October. I will let you know when we get close to doing the PayPal thingy....

The Cobras Fang, my Islander Tribute: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=31046&forum=2&start=0

The 20 Cobras Fangs I had at Oasis also slithered away very quickly - thank you! I will only be doing 40 of these...most of these 40 have been sold at either the Ohana, or Oasis events, and a few are spoken for on the list...I still have 6 spots left on this list for the Cobras Fang Mug. This version ends here...All 6 are going to be in the color scheme you see below (it's my favorite). $85.

Time to move on...there is plenty of new stuff to do. :)

Thanks for lookin'.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-08-31 21:33 ]

B

5 Mauna Loa Drum mugs are left.

B

4 Mauna Loa Drums, and 5 Cobras left :)

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 6:56 AM

Good morning!

There are 3 Mauna Loas and 4 Cobras left to go...

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 8:47 AM

2 Mauna Loa & 3 Cobras left - thanks pm'ers :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 9:37 AM

1 Babaloon..... oh, waitaminut.....

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 6:04 PM

On 2010-08-31 21:26, Babalu wrote:
Huge thank you to all who purchased one of my mugs during Oasis they went quickly...hey, it helped me buy a new much needed camera :) , and just in time for some traveling next week. - thank you all!

As most know...I am "only" doing "2 limited edition runs" on my tribute to the Mauna Loa - Detroit http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4786&forum=2&start=0&70

The first was this $150. version. I am only doing 11 of these....Sorry folks...this edition is SOLD OUT. For those of you that signed up on the list at Oasis, I will be completing and filling your orders through Sept & Oct. I will let you know when we get close to doing the PayPal thingy....

The next, and "last limited edition run on the Mauna Loa Drum mug" is the $65. version...there will be only 30 of these made. Yes, a list was started at Oasis...however, they are not all spoken for yet. I have 6 spots on the list left that are not taken. If you would like on the "list" for one of these 6, please chime in....no money needed now of course...again, I will be filling these orders through September, October. I will let you know when we get close to doing the PayPal thingy....

The Cobras Fang, my Islander Tribute: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=31046&forum=2&start=0

The 20 Cobras Fangs I had at Oasis also slithered away very quickly - thank you! I will only be doing 40 of these...most of these 40 have been sold at either the Ohana, or Oasis events, and a few are spoken for on the list...I still have 6 spots left on this list for the Cobras Fang Mug. This version ends here...All 6 are going to be in the color scheme you see below (it's my favorite). $85.

Time to move on...there is plenty of new stuff to do. :)

Thanks for lookin'.

Only 2 Mauna Loa Drums and 2 Cobras Fangs left.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-09-01 18:06 ]

GT

I like the Mauna Loa Drum mug, I ordered one at Oasis, It is very well done, If your a tiki mug collector you better get one, Before he runs out! I'm putting mine next to all my prized mugs! Gogo

B
Bowana posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 6:59 PM

Somebody STOP this man!

Get a rope or something.

:)

T

The craftsmanship on these mugs are amazing!
Beautiful work on The Mauna Loa drum mug....

B

Hey GoGo! Thank you sir, and folks you have to check GoGo's new lamps out...they were really awesome in person...they were like like beacon focal points in that room we were sharing at TO10. Some great stuff coming out of the GoGo studios!!

Sir B, wait till you get some peaky in on the glaze tests I'm doing over here - play day soon boss!

Tikinomad: why thank you! Those kind words will keep me going in the next direction :)

Well folks,
the "Limited Edition runs" on both the Mauna Loa Drum Tribute, and The Islander's Cobras Fang Mug Tribute are "SOLD OUT"...these lists of mine are full.

There will be no other limited edition runs on either design. If you missed out, I do have some plans to do a "few" very custom 1 of 1 mugs on both of these designs while I am filling the limited edition orders in Sept and Oct....those will be offered up on eBay.

Sweet Dreams...good night.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-09-01 22:45 ]

B

Little update folks....I'm running a little behind on filling orders. It looks like I will be ready to ship some this month and some next...I have everyone's names and contact information, so when ready I will contact you with PayPal info, etc. - sorry about that guys. Let me know if you're in a rush for some reason, and I will try to get you in on this first batch to ship out.

My old boss approached me by throwing money, and armed with a promise to help fix up my 1947 Aero Flite travel trailer...this worked...I've taken on some projects for him again. One perk: I was sent over to Milan. I'd never been to Milan before...that was cool. :) Yup, everybody over there is on a cell phone everywhere you turn, too.

For you that might have missed out to get your name on the list, I have a couple of customs on eBay right now (links below). If you're on one of the sold out lists, and should win one of these customs, I would be happy to take you off of the list should you wish; I have a few folks that are waiting in the wings should someone come off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120635190087&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120635198869&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

YAY!

Pages: 1 20 replies