Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 8-18-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: August 18, 2010

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

1. “Minnehaha (Hawaiian Stomp)” the 1934 recording by Andy Aiona and His Islanders from the CD: Jazz Goes Hawaiian

2. “Dinah” the 1934 song by The Boswell Sisters from the CD: Shout, Sister, Shout! With Martha Boswell on piano & Bobby Sherwood on guitar, Connie Boswell solo vocal

3. “Tu Vuo L’Americano” by The Puppini Sisters from their CD: Betcha Bottom Dollar

4. “Kawika” the 1947 song by Andy Cummings & His Hawaiian Serenaders from the collection: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand, With Ralph Alapa’i on uke/steel guitar

5. “Memories of You” from the 1956 recording by Maxine Sullivan & Her All-Stars: Memories of You -- A Tribute to Andy Razaf, With Charlie Shavers on Trumpet, Buster Bailey on Clarinet, Hilton Jefferson on Alto Sax, Dick Hyman on Piano & Organ, Milt Hinton on Bass, Louis Burnam on Drums

6. “Vena Vena” by Ken Emerson from the CD: Legends of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar – Past, Present & Future

7. “Tropical Baby” by Na Leo from their CD: I Miss You, My Hawaii

8. “Stompin' at the Savoy” by Bob Brozman, Mike Auldridge & David Grisman form their CD: Tone Poems III – The Sounds of Great Slide & Resophonic Instruments

9. “It’s All Over Now” the 1946 recording from The Capitol Collectors Series CD: Peggy Lee/Volume 1 – The Early Years

10. “Nani Waimea” Recorded in 1965 by Don Ho and his band from the live double LP CD: The Don Ho Show! & Don Ho Again!

11. “This Is Always” from the recording: Annie Ross Sings a Song With Mulligan

12. “A Little Jazz Exercise” by The Oscar Peterson Trio from the CD: Live and at Its Best recorded live in Lubijana, Slovenia, in July 1964 With Oscar Peterson on Piano, Ray Brown on Bass and Ed Thigpen on Drums

13. “Peel Me a Grape” from the 1958 LP: Anita O’Day Sings the Winners

14. “Que’s Dilemma” from the 1961 recording Heavy Soul by Ike Quebec, With Ike Quebec on Tenor Sax, Freddie Roach on Organ; Milt Hinton on Bass and Al Harewood on Drums

15. “All of Me” from the live recording: The Apollo Theatre New York Presents Hot Lips Page, With Billie Holiday and Hot lips Page on Trumpet

16. “Stardust” by Bill Tapia from the CD: Legends of the Ukulele – Hawaiian Masters

Pages: 1 0 replies