Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Club 33 Disneyalnd

Pages: 1 11 replies

I just found out today my wife got us reservations for my birthday at Disneylands Club 33. My b-day is June 23 which just happens to be the 40th anniversay of the Enchanted Tiki Room! It's like a cosmic convergence or something. I'll probably die June 22!

HOW did you manage that?????
that has been one of my life's ambitions to go there.

AHHH! Yes! Incredibly good food up there in Club 33. We go about 3 times a year for the past 5 years and the food has consistently been great! The staff is fantastic too!

Hope you like chocolate too since the desserts are all chocolated based....Walt's favorite food!

It's also the only place in the park that you can be served alcohol!

C33SCD

stop teasing me scd - how did you get in???

Hey FuturaGirl,

My wife works at a law firm and one of the lawyers is a member. Apparently members can make reservations for guests. I didn't realize how difficult it is to get in there.

Futura Girl wrote:
stop teasing me scd - how did you get in???

Hey! Whatduyamean? LOL!

Actually, there is a waiting list of about 1 to 3 years (depending on the number of memberships that drop out) for consideration for membership. I was actually going to buy one back in 1998, when I (through family) was able to be in on a corporate membership, which are also available.

The thing is, is that you can't just be a member and call up and get reservations for your friends. YOU, as a member have to be there too on that day. The meal includes entrance into the park, but we have premium annual passes anyway. The meal is the same price as the regular daily rate to get into the park.

As for food, the comparison is like night and day. The whole service is buffet style (and no, not like "Hometown Buffet"! yuck!) There is always a great fish selection, prime rib, and carved ham and turkey. Lot's of vegie selections, salads, fresh sushi, pasta bar, fruits, and, of course desserts, as well as your choice of drink (and alcohol too!) The next best restaurant to go to at Disneyland is The Blue Bayou.

FYI~ for those of you not knowing where Club 33 is, the discreet entrance is the door just to the right of The Blue Bayou. You have to ring the little doorbell, then you get "buzzed" in, and are greeted by the hostess that checks your reservations and then sends you up the antique elevator to another awaiting host/hostess to seat you at your table. Then, depending on the number in your party (which is usually about 6 for us), there are 2 people to attend to your needs from there.

The service there is fantastic too. You get REAL silverware, fancy crystal water glasses to drink out of, and whenever you get up to get another plate of food, there is always the napkin guy that folds your linen napkin again for you when you return to the table.

For collectors, there is exlusive Club 33 collectible pins, pens, jackets, cups, etc., etc., only available inside Club 33.

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and others always make an appearance whenever kids are there.

Very Hoity Toity.

Here is a fun (unofficial) site for Club 33.

Hey Sugarcaddydaddy,

My wife clarified that her firm has some type of corporate sponsorship and several of her co-workers have already dined there. Before you start bagging on more buffet style restaurants just wanted to let you know i'm a GM for Souplantation. I think we're better than Hometown at least.
I'm really looking forward to Club 33!!

Tiki-Riviera, I only dine at Souplantation when I'm feeling salady that day. And only because you offer a AAA discount -- unless, you can offer a Tiki Central discount that beats it? :wink:

tiki-riviera wrote:
...Before you start bagging on more buffet style restaurants just wanted to let you know i'm a GM for Souplantation. I think we're better than Hometown at least.
I'm really looking forward to Club 33!!

Actually, I do go to the Souplantation in Costa Mesa, about 2 miles from my house, and I do enjoy that place. I go for the salad, but it's the chicken soup that I really like. They always have tons of chicken in it, and best of all, I can serve it myself. It's a pretty busy location too, so the food doesn't sit around for long, and you can always count on it being fresh.

I'm sure glad that you didn't say that you were a GM for Hometown....although if you were, I'd still tell you it's "YUCK", but that's just my own opinion, probably because alot of their selections they serve are very greasy and oily and/or cheesy based.

My wife and her sister are VP's of an insurance company, so we are lucky enough to get perks like Club 33. It sure saves on paying for a private membership. You'll enjoy Club 33. Oh, and if you play the "find the hidden Mickey's" like some of us Disney freaks do, you'll find some interesting ones in the club too.

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-05-14 14:38 ]

Here's an account of my trip to Club 33 in 1996:

http://www.webcom.com/mseery/disneyland96/club33.html

Be sure to see the audio-animatronic vulture and the hidden microphones. The staff can tell you a lot about the history of the place.

--cindy

To Polynesianpop and Sugarcaddydaddy,

To show you what a swell fellow I am, email me your address and i'll send both of you two comps to Souplantation. As for the rest of tiki-central, if anyone comes into my store (corner of Chapman & Valley View)
and says they are members they can have our coupon price anytime.

Souplanation, here I come! :)

Pages: 1 11 replies