Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Chantays + Hui O Hula Polynesian Dancers Labor Day, Long Beach

Pages: 1 8 replies

Celebrate the end of summer with live music, hula and fire dancers, great food and shopping. The Shoreline Village End of Summer Beach Party is an all day event, with entertainment for the whole family.

When?
Monday, September 6 from noon - 9pm.

Where?
Throughout all of Shoreline Village. Long Beach

What?
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame musicians, The Chantays, will be playing their famous brand of surf music, including their international hit “Pipeline”. Hui O Hula will present a Polynesian dance performance. New Caribbean Steel Drum Band will play fun island rhythms into the night, ending with a fire dance performance by Sirena Serpetina. The event will also feature a Bikini Contest presented by 33 Degrees Harborside Pub, where we will crown Miss Shoreline Village with cash and prizes.

M

Got some PM's asking for a website http://www.shorelinevillage.com/BeachParty.html

The Chantays on Lawrence Welk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j09C8clJaXo

Glad you posted this Mongoloid...you saved me the trouble.
This looks like a fun afternoon on Shoreline .

Me and others rode our bikes to Shoreline Village. We found the stage where the Chantays were playing and they just started "Pipeline". I mentioned how fortunate we were to get there when they were playing their signature tune. We stayed for a few more tunes then left and later I could hear them play "Pipeline" again. I am guessing that they play the song several times during their set?

I've seen the Chantays about 20 times or so in the last 15 years.
never seen them do it 2 times on one set.

but if they played multiple sets yesterday, it might have been a different
story.

Jeff(btd)

M

They did 2 sets but played Pipeline twice in the first set. Everyone was saying play it again, so they did a shorter version the second time. You cant blame em for playing the song that got em into the Rock n Roll hall of fame back to back. These guys are definitely still stoked!

Good Times

[ Edited by: Pineappleman11 2010-09-07 18:44 ]

The Chantays return to Long Beach, CA on Labour Day

Looks like a Chantays performance at Shoreline Village in Long Beach, CA is now a Labour Day tradition.

Shoreline Village Beach Party

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

Pages: 1 8 replies