Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis listening party tonight!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

O
Otto posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 12:13 AM

Wed, Sept 1
8pm til 1am
Forbidden Island

Featuring music I scored at Tiki Oasis. Kim Tsoy, and live music from Tiki Oasis 10!!

Live, in-person, Bob the Sound Wizard

Be the first to hear these live recordings!!

M
mp posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 12:21 AM

Hoping to be there!!!!

TM

Am I to understand that there were some live recordings of the bands at Oasis? if so, is a CD in the works? (I would definitely buy one!)

me too

T

On 2010-09-01 06:59, lucas vigor wrote:
Am I to understand that there were some live recordings of the bands at Oasis? if so, is a CD in the works? (I would definitely buy one!)

Me too! A TO10 CD would be awesome.

O
Otto posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2010 7:06 PM

Yes, there are recordings of the past 5 years but rights, payment agreements, budgets, and the fact that CDs just don,t sell have conspired against any possibility of releasing anything

Come tonight and u will hear the awesomeness of Bob the Soundman!

TM

That's a shame, Otto. The sound WAS really good. Very professional. This is something you should consider doing in the future. I am sure most bands would have enjoyed a "Live at Tiki Oasis" set, as a straight feed from the mixing board. And I do think you would have sold CDs. All the people who could not attend, from all over the country, all over the world, actually, would have enjoyed hearing what we all heard.

I don't need to tell you that with Tiki Oasis, you have showcased some of the finest bands in the tiki scene. Heck, I would even go so far as to say that they might be some of the finest "Pop" bands in the world, arguably. And capturing one of these bands live, playing in their "element"....well, most if not all the bands a few weeks ago were totally on fire! I think you would have captured some magic moments!

Please consider doing so in the future. Make it an option in the band contracts. I am sure more musicians besides just me would have been interested! It's a piece of Tiki History!

Pages: 1 6 replies