Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

When do you visit Hawaii?

Pages: 1 15 replies

B
Brice posted on Thu, Sep 2, 2010 10:02 AM

For all of you who live outside of Hawaii, we're taking an informal poll -- what month or time of year do you usually visit the islands?

Here at the Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge Planning Dept. we're organizing some special events and would like to schedule them at times when more people are in the islands.

Mahalo for your response, so we can help make this a better bar for you!

Brice & Lisa
http://www.okolemalunalounge.com

We usually go twice a year to get our fix.

A couple of weeks in late March/early April

and the same in late Sept./early Oct.

Hope that helps!

Good luck and look forward to visiting!

Jason

Christmas or over the 4th of July holiday.

H

October or November, usually. Once in June, though.

How about right NOW! I'm in a house on the beach in Kailua as I type. My favorite time of year to go is winter, January is great because it is such a welcome change.

This was taken in May. The view hasn't changed however.

The weather is fantastic. Getting a little rain each day. Not bad. Today we hiked to a waterfall, OMG it was a struggle. So slippery and treacherous.
Tomorrow we hit the north shore.

Darilyn

T

On 2010-09-07 21:40, LiddleLola wrote:
How about right NOW! I'm in a house on the beach in Kailua as I type. My favorite time of year to go is winter, January is great because it is such a welcome change.

This was taken in May. The view hasn't changed however.

The weather is fantastic. Getting a little rain each day. Not bad. Today we hiked to a waterfall, OMG it was a struggle. So slippery and treacherous.
Tomorrow we hit the north shore.

Darilyn

One of my favorite places in the world...Kailua Beach !

Off travel season is when the best deals are....that is when I try to book trips.
Like Iakona Ki'i said...April/May or Oct are good times.

B
Brice posted on Tue, Sep 21, 2010 4:10 PM

This is moderately thread-related, but I saw it in the news today. For all you Pacific NW TC'ers out there, if you're thinking about escaping to the islands this fall, this might seal the deal:

http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/hawaii_today/2010/9/21/Alaska_Airlines_Portland_Oahu_Kona_airfare_deals

M

My parents live on Old Mamalohoa Hwy and my Sister is moving there soon!
Where is the lounge going to be?? We hope to visit maybe November. Maybe...

"When do you visit Hawaii?"

When I can afford it. Which is about once every five years or so.

We leave on Thanksgiving day to the Big Island, then Sunday to Kauai for the week. We love going in Winter, went to Oahu about 3 years ago in January. We've been several times but usually in late November, the whales start showing up! And the weather is nice there when it's cold and crappy in No. Cal...

We'll be at Forbidden Island the night before Thanksgiving in case anyone wants to meet up!!

L

I was there in June once. It was so dry. I probably wouldn't do that again.

September is a nice time to visit, well it was this year!

T

We've been 3 times in Oct. (That's our anniversary) Once in July, Once in Aug. We much prefer the weather in Oct.

W

Whenever my ship pulls in.

Which hasn't happened for me since 2004.

Wow, cool! The lounge looks great.
I like the transition between rainy season and spring.
Still get some winter swells, without the crowds, and a taste of the sunnier, warm days.

TS

Me and the missus are going to the big island October 12-26. We're gonna hang out on the Kona side but we usually tool over to Hilo a couple-a-three times. We like it that time of year. This time, there will be more umbrella drinks and less driving around. Got any suggestions for the evenings enjoyments? I mean before returning to the hotel that is.
Mahalos,
TS
Oh...I didn't see the link Brice. Sorry brah! We will for sure drop in for a toddy and a howdy.
See ya then.

An also, make sure to get me one dem Gekoz Tiki mugs you sold out of. They're da kine.

Chop'em, drop'em and cruise'em. It ain't cool if they don't drool!

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-04-04 12:58 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-04-04 13:01 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies