-leJab?
-Cynner?
-Floratina I presume
-WeirdUncleTiki, Miss Mauna Loa, other He A's
-Bamboo Ben (fence-vaulting)
-Johnnie Velour
-Bigbrotiki, of course

Aloha Mig and All,
I just got back from Palm Springs on a little biz and a little r&r and I just have to say, BUY STOCK IN WATER AND SUN_SCREEN!!!!!! IT WAS 107-112!!!!!!!! BE PREPARED!!!!!! The weather dude said it might drop to the 90's by Sat., but I think the cement will still be on FIRE from the last few days! See you all on Sat. and look for me, Bamboo Ben in the Bamboo Ben Tiki Bar. I'll have part of my Grandfather Eli Headly's portfolio with me for viewing.

Mig wrote:

Who from here is going? Here's who I can think of off the top of my head:

-Cynner?

Not this time, but maybe next year....

--cindy

I'll be there... I'll be the one crawling in under the blazing sun, thirsting for a mai-tai... after the long desert trek I'll have to make from the overflow motel down the road........

:tiki:

T

Trustar will be there with MaMa star and my littlest Star, grandaughter MacKenzie. I think she is more excited then us to be going to "Tiki Weekend"

See you all there.

Paul

Yay, I'll be there. Counting the hours until we get to roast our asses off.

Mr. Smiley will be there in his Shriner Aloha shirt (on Friday)--a friend of mine went to a cool bar in an old famous hotel in Palm Springs that was located just off the strip in what I call "downtown"(the main section). The bar's wall were covered in mirrors and the guy at the piano was signing and telling corny jokes--does anyone know the name of this place or where it is???

You better believe I'll be there!
Look for me, I'll be the one wearing the aloha shirt and holding a cocktail.

T

I'm the friend mrsmiley mentioned and I found out that it was the piano bar at the Ingleside Inn on West Ramon Rd. The bar is open nightly at 8:30, they serve some expensive but strong cocktails, and you may get some stares if you don't look rich (who looks rich these days anyway?). But I had a blast there drinking and dancing to the highly entertaining fellow at the piano. Here's a little more info:
http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/PalmSprings/CasablancaLounge.asp

And the hotel web site:
http://www.inglesideinn.com/frames/mainframe.html

Has anyone checked the Bamboo Bar at the Racquet Club out? I never got the chance when I was there.
https://secure.thevine.net/cite/racquetclub/bamboo.htm

M
mig posted on Thu, Jun 20, 2002 2:54 PM

This place (piano bar) sounds like a hoot! We should plan an expedition there... we'll be hitting CT mid-day tomorrow so y'all find us there and let's set it up!

I'll be coming down from the Rocky Mountains, be there Saturday morning. It'll be nice to get away from the fires and the smoke that fills the Denver skyline every day (cough cough).

M

The wife and I will be there and looking forward to meeting all....

Mig- are you bringing those leg sunglasses?

-martin & rebecca

THAT WAS THE MOST FUN THE WIFE AND I HAD IN YEARS!!!!!!!!! WE WERE SO STOKED TO MEET YOU ALL (AND SHARE THE DAMAGE TODAY).........
MUCH, MUCHO, MAHALOS!!!!!!!
BAMBOO BEN & MRS. BAMBOO
P.S. HAIR OF THE DOG IS KICKIN IN. WILL BE SEMI NORMAL IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!! OUCH.........

Pages: 1 12 replies