Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

New Tiki Doll

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

Hi! I'm new to posting but love reading and exploring the site. I'm a dollmaker and have been working on some new tiki dolls. Hope you like my first one.

TB

bienvenue :)
I love the idea of the doll... really cool! more! more!!!

Looks like it's from Beetlejuice.

T

I love Beetlejuice! I've got three more that are at the half-way stage that I am liking even better. For now I'll post two other dolls that are in the same family, semi-tiki. By the way, I sculpt the heads, hands and feet individually out of paperclay, paint them with acylics, and then sew the bodies and assemble.

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 9:35 PM

They are a bit scary!

Almost (but not quite) as scary as these:

T

That's really scary!!!

TK

YIKESSSSSSS!!!!!!! oh wait. whew. don't do that.

Very cool and creepy! I love them!

T

Here are the latest

MT

My birthday is coming up. I think that Boris' birthday is coming up soon as well, yes?

T

Looks good but I think you should make the feet a little more detailed and maybe tune it more towards the heads. For me, the legs are a little too long but I think you came a far ways in the three photos to making the heads look Tiki Central ready.

Very creative! The tiny hands are a great detail.

I'm in.
Over time, these Beasts will charm!
Let me know when you can sell one of these, and fill my order in PM!

Great start to what I hope converts you completely...

I new from the first doll.. that you were hiding something incredible.... I really like your style!!!! consider me as your fan :wink: really great ideas!

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Sep 19, 2010 11:30 PM

I think I'm going to cry...

T

Thanks to everyone who has posted encouraging coments, I really appreciate them!!

I'd like to announce that I will be having a solo show starting on October 1st in Downtown Fullerton at Otto. I will be selling one-of-a-kind art dolls including the previously posted examples as well as some funky/wierd beings that I have conjured up. You can check my blog for all of the details:
http://www.straystitches.typepad.com

Pages: 1 16 replies