Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Trazzler Travel Writing Contest

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hello everyone,

My name is Sandra Carr and I was the co-producer of the Sarong-O-Rama fashion show during this year's Hukilau (and in 2007). I'm a freelance journalist that has written about the Hukilau and the Mai-Kai in many publications (the Orlando Sentinel's travel section, Tiki Magazine and etc.). I wrote a short piece about the Mai-Kai in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. My headline is: Arousing tribal beats entice the senses in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. You have to sign up for Trazzler in order to vote. You can only vote once but you can unsubscribe as soon as you receive an e-mail. :) The contest runs through September 30. I'm currently number 16 with 11 votes. The top winners with the most public votes will then go through a jury process and the ultimate winner will be chosen. I have an opportunity to win $50K in writing contracts, which I need right now due to this crazy economy. Please vote for me! Below you will find the link:

http://www.trazzler.com/contests/ontheroad

Cheers,

Sandra Carr

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 10:25 AM

Hello starburst, how come I never see you posting here at TC? I bet you could contribute a lot to this site!
Aloha and good luck.

Zeta, thank you for your comment! Unfortunately, I don't get on Tiki Central that often due to my schedule. :)

I'm currently in tenth place with 94 votes in Trazzler's travel writing contest. The winner has more than 200 votes at the moment. You have to hit the save button in my article. Many people had to log-in again and hit the save button since the vote doesn't save right after you register. To the right of my article you can see if your vote saved or not (list of people's names that have voted so far). The Top 10 winners with the most public votes will then go through a jury process and the ultimate winner will be chosen. I would truly appreciate the Tiki Central community's votes! Below you will find the link:

http://www.trazzler.com/contests/ontheroad

Cheers,

Sandra

H

You got my vote!

Pages: 1 3 replies