Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

His and hers tiki mugs

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Could anyone make suggestions on mugs that would go together stylistically and color-wise as his and hers pairs? I think a few of these would make a great wedding gift for a collector. I can only picture Princess Pua and Exotiki.

Any ideas?

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-09-08 08:27 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2010-09-08 08:30 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2010 8:48 AM

There's also the Tiki Goddess Mug, which is a sold out Tiki Farm mug.

T

I love that one! I'll add that to my search list. Thanks!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2010 9:00 AM

There are also a number of mug makers on this site, including SQUID who sculpted both the Tiki Girl mug and the Tiki Goddess mug, and you could get a custom one-off, but it would cost a bit more $ since it's custom.

T

I may try that route. But here's the thing. The pairings don't have to be wildly hard to get or rare. Just thoughtful and great looking together. For example, I think the goddess you showed me would look good with the cheap-o Orchids of Hawaii R-1 headhunter I have in that very same light caramel glaze. And the "hers" mug doesn't necessarily have to be totally femme. It would just need to project a complement to its "his" partner.

I have given Tiki Farm's Sunrise Sunset Mugs as a wedding gift. They were very well received.

Darilyn

T

Good idea but I'd really love to give the full-on ceramic cups. Funny, but I found another pair within my very my own collection: the OMC black bug-eyed tiki flat rimmed with its complement the pointed headress version.

T

Here's another pair though Caveman is not buyable at present.

Pages: 1 7 replies