Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

"The Hard Riders " Saturday September 18th Last Performance

Pages: 1 11 replies

Come see my band "The Hard Riders' play at the Steve Allen Theater in Hollywood Saturday September 18th 2010. This will be more than likely our LAST Performance.
We will be opening a variety show called the Tomorrow Show at 11:45 pm. We will be the only band followed by comedians and performance artists. It should be different and alot of fun. It would really mean a lot to me if some of you can make it!!! Oh yeah BYOB !!! Sometimes they serve beer and sometimes they don't, but it is cool to bring something with you!!

The Steve Allen Theater
4773 Hollywood Blvd. Hollywood CA

http://www.myspace.com/thehardriders

Love,
Spermy

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-09-09 10:31 ]

J
JOHN-O posted on Thu, Sep 9, 2010 1:09 PM

Your last show ?? :(

I'm in. The Hard Riders are my kind of Tiki Music !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-09-19 09:02 ]

Damn ... I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. But, Marty our other guitar player is moving away. All of us in the band have become pretty busy with our jobs. Let's just say Chapter 1 is over. I don't think The Hard Riders will be playing again anytime, soon !! If ever. I might play in another band, but the future is a big ????? I hope me and the other guys will carry on. Thanks John-O for the support!! And I am totally down for Jumbos Clown Room or the Tiki Ti!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-09-09 17:26 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Sep 9, 2010 5:41 PM

Ahhhhh SHIT...

That's what I say about this news. I'll probably miss the last show though. Give 'em HELL you RIDERS!!

I'm glad to say I saw you guys rock at Bamboo Ben's Garage Sale and scoring a CD. Thanks for the memory. G

Sperm Whale-
Sorry to hear about the band. I think we should jam again like we use to in the old daze, when we were roadies for Armored Saint. What do ya say? Let me know cuz my bass is still at the pawn shop. Sorry I didn't make it to Tiki Oasis. I still have all the tiki kneepads I made. Maybe I should make them into Hard Ridrs kneepads? Oh, and thanx for the 'Couple's Skate' dedication at Bamboo Ben's - nobody needs kneepads like skaterz! Wish I could of been there, too...
Hollaback, brah!
CKP

Thanks Tiki G. and Captainkneepads Tiki. I could really use some custom Tiki Kneepads for this performance!! It would be an honor. I hope you can make it !!!

gonna try to make it over after the 2 other events.
wish me luck and no traffic.

Jeff(btd)

gonna try to make it over after the 2 other events.
wish me luck and no traffic.

Jeff(btd)

Bump for tonight !!!

J

The Hard Riders riding off into the sunset.

That last "new" song of the set was one of your best !! It was a fitting way to end it all.

Adios Hard Riders.

Thanks for coming to see us John-O ... I can't believe you did two shows in one night!!! You are a trooper. I think one of my buddy's got the whole show on video. We are planning to record our new materiel, so I will make sure you get a copy. I also wanna thank Bora Boris for getting us the gig!! The Steve Allen Theater is a really nice venue and it was nice to play on a "real" stage. As far as, The Hard Riders are concerned it is a bitter sweet ending. I am going to miss playing with them !!! Thanks to everybody for being supportive. It was fun!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-09-19 10:36 ]

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-09-19 13:07 ]

bummed that I couldn't make it.
but at least I saw you guys a good handful of gigs.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 11 replies