Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's menu gone PG

Pages: 1 13 replies

C

This may be old hat news to tikiphiles, but here's a blog that posted about Trader Vics menu art putting bikini tops on the formerly topless Polynesian gals:

http://tabloidbaby.blogspot.com/2010/09/topless-coverup-at-trader-vics.html

This kind of reminds me of the post-Mormon Big Daddy Roth period, where the axe being held by Wild Child became an ice cream cone.

Caltiki Brent

I'm OK with hiding boobs with ice cream cones though.
Another thread,....sorry.

It's bad enuf that they covered the boobies, but they did it BADLY! Looks like someone defaced the picture with a blue marker.

I was just looking at a TV menu I got in Dubai and noticed that the wahines wear two leis to cover their "boobies". I thought that was odd, but maybe expected, Dubai is "liberal" but has limits. Ridiculous to see that LA has even taken it a step FURTHER than UAE!

Wow. That does look pretty bad. They could have at least TRIED to match the colors and pattern of their skirts so the cover-up wouldn't be so obvious. It's as if they are trying to generate a negative response. Hmmm . .

T
twitch posted on Thu, Sep 9, 2010 8:10 PM

So, how is it we're getting MORE puritanical the more we head into the future?
Weird and weak.

Make's me glad I grabbed one from the Dallas TV.
Don't worry, I paid for it. It's unaltered as well.

TM

On 2010-09-09 20:10, twitch wrote:
So, how is it we're getting MORE puritanical the more we head into the future?
Weird and weak.

Yeah, well...just hold onto your hats...2012 is coming, and if you think we are already heading into a puritanical era, you ain't seen nothing yet! Say goodbye to most of the things that make life fun!

Yipee-yi-yo-kiyaa, motherfudger. I think that how that movie goes...

Yeah, amazing how a little nekidness gets some folks in a twist, but these often being the same kinds that would let their kiddies see slasher movies. When I took students to Europe there was always at least one parent freaking out about their poor (high school age) child seeing nekkid statues and wanting me to assure them I would try to avoid such. I really cannot recall what I said, as I could not stop laughing for at least 10 minutes.

TM

Do you know what the difference is between "Naked" and "Nekkid"?"Naked" means you ain't got any clothes on....

And "Nekkid" means you ain't got any clothes on.....AND you up to 'sumtin'!!!!!!

I read something somewhere that the FCC said it is ok to say FUCK
again.

Boobies are way less of a harm than the word FUCK!

On 2010-09-13 20:17, RevBambooBen wrote:
I read something somewhere that the FCC said it is ok to say FUCK
again.

Boobies are way less of a harm than the word FUCK!

In England you can say pretty much whatever you want after 9pm, although they are still a little uptight about putting the word Mother before it...

TV Emeryville had the boobies covered up for years (the Lei design), but their recent menu a year or so ago, brought back their "X-rated" menu. Let's see what happens with the latest menu at the Grand Re-Opening.

T

Only place I've gotten a menu with the boobs covered with blue blobs? You'll never believe it... Or maybe you will, knowing how poor the place was...

...TV's Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood (rebranded Alladin) hotel. Are they even still open? PH is almost bankrupt for the 2nd time.

Pages: 1 13 replies