Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Munktiki Shecky Mug Registry

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies

On 2003-07-01 04:04, Tiki Chris wrote:

On 2003-05-22 14:22, Trader Woody wrote:
I think Tiki Chris has two or three of the earlier ones. Chris?

Trader Woody

i have 3. should be between numbers 5 & 11. would check but the movers beat me to 'em.

cool idea,
chris

i have 7, 8, & 9.

I've got Shecky.....I've got Shecky (sung to the tune of Bow Wow Wow's "I want Candy")
Primo Kimo scored number 30.
Paid for with blood money.

Thanks Scotty!

K

Ooops, sent you the wrong one Primo! I've now got Shecky #85. Thanks to snarkoutgirl for the trade and to enable the transaction with Primo! Thanks for the blood money Primo!

Scotty

Manic Cat loves her Shecky #141 so much that she keeps it with her at work (at the Metropolitan Museum of Art) above her computer (where she checks her TC). She hopes that one day it will becomes part of the Museum's collection and exhibitions.

Pea, sadly has no Shecky.
I'll keep watch on ebay though, or if anyone decides to part with an extra, gimme a holler.
I am sooooooo not one of the cool kids right now. feh.
Pea

M

stentiki has a broken Sheky #88

I have # 130.

I am the proud owner of #103:)

J

Updated today - any corrections necessary?

I received number 75 today.

S
SES posted on Tue, Feb 17, 2004 6:23 PM

How about a portrait gallery? Shecky and their owners?
:wink:

TB

Just got #92 in my hot hands!

Give it up #9, registering is part of the deal. Lucky bassard:-)

We are the proud owners of # 31!

S
SES posted on Wed, Feb 25, 2004 12:07 AM

On 2004-02-24 19:41, McDougall wrote:
Give it up #9, registering is part of the deal. Lucky bassard:-)

Hahahah... yeah I keep looking for that one too!
:wink:

I have #126 :)

T

Cool mug and all, but does one person really need to have more then one of them?

My apologies to tikifish, I went back and did a search on Shecky to read the history, was not aware that he was designed by tikifish. Tikifish, how soon before your next mug?

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-28 10:08 ]

T

Hey, it was a contest! If another contest is held, I will enter again... but until then, Shecky will remain my only progeny.

Got no kiln, see.

On 2004-06-28 09:51, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Cool mug and all, but does one person really need to have more then one of them?

Well it must be galling these days to see people with more than one, but they took about two years to sell out. Many people bought more than one because they they were helping out Tiki Central and Stuckie. Seems a different world these days - anything Munktiki comes out with that's limited is guaranteed an instant sell-out. Plus Tiki Central had only a couple of hundred active members back when Shecky came out. If Shecky was made available today in the same quantities, it would indeed be immoral to get more than one. Back then, it was immoral not to buy one!

Those who bought more than one may want to trade - some have already done so. I've got two, but I'm keeping them both as one of them lives dangerously....
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4089&forum=5

Trader Woody

T

Mahalo Woody, yes I agree, it was more like a nice quaint village once upon a time, but slowly urban sprawl happened and now look at the place. :wink: But hey I know personally for myself and many others, it would be nice to see a "Son of Shecky", BUT it might have to be limited to only those that do not have a Shecky, just kidding. Though it would be cool to see a "Son of.." done but do it in a way that one per person and only make as many as you pre sell.

B

it would be nice to see a "Son of Shecky",

Good idea!

S

can I pre register for a son of Shecky since I was a lame-oid in the first round. How I have no Shecky is a pure mystery to me... ugh.
Pea

J

registry updated!

On 2004-06-30 10:57, Trader Woody wrote:
Many people bought more than one because they they were helping out Tiki Central and Stuckie.

I'd just like to point out the the Shecky mug contest was started by Stuckie on TC back in the Yahoo days (when TC didn't cost me anything to run). After the contest was over, Stuckie asked me if he could put the words "Tiki Central" on the back, and I said yes.

So, all proceeds of that sale went to Munktiki becuase I really didn't have anything to do with it other than giving my blessing for the words on the back.

But I just wanted to point out, it was not a fundraising effort on my part or anything like that. :)

HT

Can one still buy this mug?

T

On 2004-12-14 20:54, Hale Tiki wrote:
Can one still buy this mug?

Been gone a while

I think i remember Weird Uncle tiki got #9 from Tiki Chris.

Tbird.

On 2004-12-14 18:26, hanford_lemoore wrote:
So, all proceeds of that sale went to Munktiki becuase I really didn't have anything to do with it other than giving my blessing for the words on the back.

But I just wanted to point out, it was not a fundraising effort on my part or anything like that. :)

Well, blow me!

I'd always thought you'd got some sort of cut. Even when Tiki Central was on Yahoo you must have had some out-goings and the mugs were still selling when you switched to the Tiki Central we all know and love today. Who'da thunk it?

All the more reason to do a new smaller version in a slightly less limited number that people can take with them around the world, spreading Tiki goodness (in the Book of Tiki Icon version sort of way) and giving to their friends.

Trader Woody

J
JTD posted on Wed, Dec 15, 2004 7:02 PM

On 2004-12-15 17:06, Trader Woody wrote:

Well, blow me!

Ha ha.

Woody, that doesn't really mean "Blow me!" does it?

Whoops! That's really funny.

No, 'well, blow me' is a perfectly innocent phrase over here, like 'well, I'll be darned' or something like that.

Trader Woody

On 2004-12-16 02:50, Trader Woody wrote:

No, 'well, blow me' is a perfectly innocent phrase over here, like 'well, I'll be darned' or something like that.

Trader Woody

Well, blow me Woody!
I didn't know that. :)

On 2004-12-16 11:11, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2004-12-16 02:50, Trader Woody wrote:

Trader Woody

Well, blow me Woody!
I didn't know that. :)

'blow me woody' is even better :)

T

I have # 17....thanks again Miles!

H

Correction for #108 (aka prize possesion)
hramz(Z)3

Harry R.

[ Edited by: hramz3 on 2005-02-23 19:19 ]

J

After the transfer of Shecky #119 (Congrats Hot Rod Tiki!) I updated the registry... anyone have any additions/ subtractions that need to be recorded?

UB

On 2005-07-08 16:11, johntiki wrote:
anyone have any additions/ subtractions that need to be recorded?

Yes! Unga Bunga is now the proud owner of #151.
Wait a minute...........Aww,damn it!

"144. MIA SOLD ON EBAY"

Real Bad Mojo for the scum-eating seller..........

Trader Woody

B

On 2005-07-08 16:58, Trader Woody wrote:
"144. MIA SOLD ON EBAY"

Trader Woody

Say what?

On 2005-07-08 17:18, badmojo wrote:

On 2005-07-08 16:58, Trader Woody wrote:
"144. MIA SOLD ON EBAY"

Trader Woody

Say what?

Whoops - No offense there Bad Mojo.

I just can't stand these people that suck the juice out of Tiki Central then sell it for a profit. As time goes by this seems to be the norm rather than a rarity, and this saddens me.

Trader Woody

B

On 2005-07-08 17:34, Trader Woody wrote:

Whoops - No offense there Bad Mojo.

No worries, none taken. At this time I consider Shecky to my "Holy Grail". And it has nothing to do with Value, I just want the little blighter so I can take my own "Travels with Shecky" photos. I think tikifish should offer up the services of one of her dupes for mold purposes. Then foam "Stunt Sheckies" could be cast and offered up as worry free travel companions.

M

Wow $154.50 Shecky is getting pricey.

HRT

MauiTiki, Remember, Plus $8.00 s/h.
"You cant put a price on a good time" (Pat/Walt Austin)Winningest TA/FC in NHRA History, That was their motto. So I'm stealing it and incorping it into TIKI...

No Regrets
Hot Rod Tiki

I must apologise for my earlier comments about the seller of Shecky. While I don't agree with the practice of profiteering, I have no right to start insulting people over it. It only increases the bad vibes.

Trader Woody

Heck, if I'm ever going to own a Shecky it will be from a #$%* profiteer on his bad day.

Shecky #119 has made it to his new home, and It appears that he Is seriously "down" for a road trip upto Seattle for the NHRA Northwest Nationals. He will be sitting in the front seat next to SPEED TIKI # 1.

Film at a later date.......

Hot Rod Tiki

T

On 2005-07-08 16:11, johntiki wrote:
After the transfer of Shecky #119 (Congrats Hot Rod Tiki!) I updated the registry... anyone have any additions/ subtractions that need to be recorded?

Yah, stentiki has a very damaged, yet resurrected #88, not unlike Uncle Arty himself.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13571&forum=1&hilite=shecky%2088

Reverend Boo was quite right when he mentioned this in another post on the Main Discussion.

Update the registry! I am now the proud owner of a Shecky! I was able to convince Floratina that it was terribly unfair for her to have two of them. She was generous enough to let me trade an ukulele for one. Floratina still has number #10, which she holds very dear, and I am celebrating with #11. Thank you Floratina, and also thank Tikifish for the cool design.

Ookoo Lady

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2005-07-31 18:14 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies