Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

New J Wray Nephew 12 & 25 YO Rums- now with link

Pages: 1 3 replies

I was shopping at a British store online today and found two older rum blends that J. Wray Nephew have released under the Coruba label in the UK. These 12 & 25 year old blends are amber in colour, unlike the dark rum that are sold under the Coruba label here in the States. I'm inrigued by these rums, and how they might perform in a Mai Tai. Has anyone run across, or tried these rums?? I wanna buy at least one of these rums ASAP, and I'm wondering why the Brits get these rums and we don't?

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-09-12 21:32 ]

On 2010-09-12 20:50, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
I was shopping at a British store online today and found two older rum blends that J. Wray Nephew have released under the Coruba label in the UK. These 12 & 25 year old blends are amber in colour, unlike the dark rum that are sold under the Coruba label here in the States. I'm inrigued by these rums, and how they might perform in a Mai Tai. Has anyone run across, or tried these rums?? I wanna buy at least one of these rums ASAP, and I'm wondering why the Brits get these rums and we don't?

Sorry, negelected to post the link:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/SearchDetail.aspx?txtKeywords=coruba

H

never mind that - why can't we get the standard Coruba dark rum here in the uk??

Harro, That's very interesting to learn that W&N doesn't sell Coruba Dark in the UK market. It sounds as though the company is trying to position the brand very differently in the UK versus the American market. While they market Coruba as an everyday premium brand here in the States, they must be marketing it as a luxury top shelf brand in the UK. I wish that we could both get their entire line.

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-09-14 20:02 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies