Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Did anyone get the S.F. Giants Scorpion Bowl at Polynesian Heritage Night?

Pages: 1 16 replies

Did anyone go to the pre-party and get the Giants Scorpion Bowl at Polynesian Heritage Night?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4757523&fbid=435107173562&id=55005073562

Sports franchises have slapped their logos on everything but this is the first time I have seen someone try to go Tiki.

Looking at the picture its not fantastic, but I really appreciate their restrained effort. Good job Giants. I hope my A's will counter with "Forbidden Island" Bowl night.

RB

Let's Go A's! I would make a special trip down I-5 for that!

There are four bowls on fleabay at the moment.

Just got mine via best offer...w00t!

i just got one ..buy it now..

On 2010-09-17 22:50, SuperEight wrote:

Looking at the picture its not fantastic, but I really appreciate their restrained effort.

Agree and agree.
Looks like an ashtray.

Go Giants!!

I just bought one for $16.00 including postage on ebay. Some guy has a bunch of them and has it as buy it now at $16.99 plus postage, but I sent in an offer of $9.00 plus postage and he accepted. Give it a shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SF-GIANTS-POLYNESIAN-SCORPION-BOWL-9-17-10-special-/190448976778?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c57a4c38a#ht_500wt_1156

[ Edited by: SuperEight 2010-10-12 15:12 ]

No, to answer your question, I did not. Saw Matt's tiki bowl last Friday, nice concept, even though I am not a big sports fan.

PTD

But, I just bought one, offer accepted. Shame on me, but hey, they did win the division!

D

On 2010-10-12 16:08, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
But, I just bought one, offer accepted. Shame on me, but hey, they did win the division!

D

I know, I kind of feel the same way.

Some things you have you show extra reverence to because they are worth money, and some things take on a greater charm because you paid very little for them.

J

About how many ounces does it hold?

T

Pretty stoked. I made an offer and the seller accepted. WOOT! My very FIRST SCORPION BOWL.
I can't wait for it to arrive. :)

Nature will break what it cannot bend.

[ Edited by: Tikifan1 2010-10-13 21:52 ]

On 2010-10-13 21:52, Tikifan1 wrote:
Pretty stoked. I made an offer and the seller accepted. WOOT! My very FIRST SCORPION BOWL.
I can't wait for it to arrive. :)

Nature will break what it cannot bend.

[ Edited by: Tikifan1 2010-10-13 21:52 ]

Just got this one in the mail today. LOVE it! Simple yet well executed design. Thanks for the heads up. Now to test it out!

Go Giants!!

J

Anyone have better pics than those on eBay have shown? Trying to decide on getting one...

Mahalo in advance,

Mine arrived today. A fun piece for the collection though a little small, about the size of the medium hula girl bowls but not as deep. Nice detail around the outside and the mini volcano in the middle is pretty cool.
I'm hoping to fill it with rummy-goodness soon to celebrate the Giants winning the series!!!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Got mine a couple weeks ago!

Pages: 1 16 replies