Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Primer Tiki Symposium Internacional Mexico 2010

Pages: 1 9 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Sep 18, 2010 7:28 PM

*Symposium originally referred to a drinking party (the Greek verb sympotein means "to drink together")

Greeting fellow Tiki people,
As the self proclaimed ambassador of Tiki in Mexico, I am planning a little Tiki festival with an emphasis on the Latin Tiki element. The event will take place in the heart of Mexico's Capital City. D.F.
Let me know if you are interested in participating somehow. (Artists, collectors, journalists or tiki dilettantes in general, please help! PM me for the details)

Stay tuned...

¡Viva Tiki! Ambassador of Tiki in Mexico. Zeta is specialized in the research, study and preservation of Tiki culture in Latin countries.

[ Edited by: Zeta 2010-09-18 19:32 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Nov 3, 2010 5:44 PM

Number of participants who have contacted me trough Tiki Central: 0

Come on guys!
Play tiki with your neighbors !
Be pioneers!
Drawings, sculptures, pictures, essays, music.
All tiki arts are welcome.
Participate!
Support international living tiki culture!

Stay tuned for the event's poster designed by... Me.

Aloha amigos!

MH

I'd be down to hear more Zeta! I may have the Esquivel big band down in Mexico in January, FYI.

Mr. Ho

V
virani posted on Fri, Nov 5, 2010 5:20 AM

You should contact my friend Dr Alderete, a fantastic artist who promoted tiki since a while ago : http://www.jorgealderete.com/

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Nov 5, 2010 12:16 PM

Mr. Ho, sounds great! We need more Esquivel! If you visit Mexico, I know of at least 3 major venues that would love to have you... Let's do it!

Virani, thanks, I know Dr. Alderete personally and I will definetly invite him to participate...
What about you and the tiki tribe Paris? It's an international event and we need some French flavor in it! So, come on, help me out... Maybe the Third International Tiki Symposium 2012 could be celebrated in France!

Breaking news: Mister Naufrago, the Spanish Tiki expert will be part of the event...

Stay tuned...

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2010 8:05 AM

Coming events:

*Re-release of "the tiki pamphlet #1" (The first Tiki fanzine in Spanish).

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Dec 1, 2010 9:35 PM

Tikileaks coming soon...

Presentation event for the First International Tiki Symposium Mexico 2010

Exclusive, top-secret reports on the Latin Tiki Mystery.

Available on paper only.

Pre-order El Tiki Pamfleto #1 now!

First 50 orders get limited edition signed & numbered special tiki print.

For sale Worldwide Dic. 31 2010

Zeta, perdona, acabo de leer esto ahora. ¿Cuando es la fecha? ¿Como se apunta uno para esto? A lo mejor, ya se ha hecho encima el tiempo, pero avisame los detalles. Los Waitiki 7, pa' que sabes, estamos dispuestos a movernos a donde sea, y si es demasiado tarde para este año, como se repite, a ver si nos apuntamos. Tiki en Mexico, no hay mejor!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Dec 14, 2010 11:47 AM

Ole Mr. Mayor! It's my pleasure to deal with other Tiki State-men like yourself.
This event is happening all day on Friday 31 December 2010 at the Foro MUJAM (Museo del Juguete Antiguo Mexicano). There is a stage, instruments and amplifiers and it sounds mucho bueno. Waitiki is more than invited. Everyone is welcome (except for Rodrigo Melgar).

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Dec 21, 2010 12:36 PM

The prophet didn't see that one coming... (alternate title: "Preaching in the desert")

Pages: 1 9 replies