Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

BBQ at Johnnie Velours, Saturday, May 24th

Pages: 1 20 replies

Me and my roommates, Brian and Kate are having a Memorial weekend BBQ on Saturday, May 24. Anyone who wants to come is invited.

We will be opening the doors at 2:00 and will start the grill around 3ish.

We will be supplying the food, grub, chow and BBQ. We'll also have food for our vegie people. All we ask you to bring is a bottle of booze and we will make a cocktail from it.

You can RSVP here or email me at [email protected]

And as always, we are just a few minutes from LAX airport so you won't have a problem flying in.

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2003-06-12 01:36 ]

I am so there!!!
Mahalo,
Al

DZ

Of course we'll be there!

After all, I do have to pick up those bowls you made for me...

Poly-Pop is in! Bottle of Gossling's ok?

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-18 16:45 ]

P

Cool! Sounds like fun. I will make every effort to be at this one. I'll see if I can get together the ingredients to make my Cannibal cocktail for those brave enough to try it. I need more guinea pigs.

Johnnie,

You beat me too it! I was planning on having a B-B-Q the 25th as it will be my 4 year anniversary in Californy. But since your doing all the work I think I'll hit your instead.

I also maybe celebrating "the Death of Freedom". I have been self-employed for many years and my own boss but have recently been offered a full time position which I'm thinking over. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! A 4x8 windowless room,5 days a week! Better stock up on dat rum.

I guess I should look on the bright side-it's like working in a bomb shelter.

Always a good time at Casa Velour, I'm there!

I'm in too!

Hey Johnnie, Atomic and I might also be bringing a friend of ours. He's not on TC, but he's a really cool guy who appreciates Tiki, loves da rum and lives practically down the street from you.

I just want to let everyone know, being Saturday on Memorial Weekend, parking can be limited.
Please carpool if you can.

See you on Saturday!

Sabu and I will be there, Can't wait to see everyone again.

I look forward to being there, hmmm and I just made a booze run at beverage warehouse. Perhaps a bottle of Cockspur or (?) will do?

PiPhiRho~

Does that recipe use the whole guinea pig? Does it matter if they're long or short-haired?

"If we took the bones out, they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?"

P

The only guinea pigs will be those who are brave enough to try one. Otherwise, the recipe calls for no rodents. Or pork, for that matter, long or regular. Although guests may not want to get too close to the BBQ grill if the chef has had more than one of them.

It was nice to have u guys wandering by my house in playa with the tiki statues! Nice to meet all of you and feel free to tell anyone visiting or in the area that they can stop by here and take a look around as well.
Again, nice meeting all of you ,
Mia

P

Welcome to the group, Mia. It was so nice of you to let this bunch of drunk tiki maniacs into your yard to look around. What a great place, too! If I lived there I don't think I would ever want to leave.

Thank you Johnnie, Brian and Kate for opening up your home for the BBQ. It was a pleasure to meeting everyone! I had a great time and I look forward to the next event. You’re a great bunch of people, it was a pleasure. Incidentally, I think I'm still recuperating from the affects of those little blue stars.

Mia/Hale TikiGirl,
Welcome to Tiki Central! Nice to see you found us. We thoroughly enjoyed touring your yard - it was certainly a great surprise! Thanks again for letting us weirdos in. Hope to see you again at future Tiki Central functions.

Sabu and Dr. Z say that people insist that this , "Come on in" attitude prevails. However, the open invitation of these 2 ladies was incredible! Thanks again for inviting 20 slightly tipsy folks in for a tour of the tikis and their history.

Johnnie, I don't know how it happened...but I missed your ceramics. Damn. Next time. Thanks for the hospitality.
Dawna

Thanks, everyone, for making our BBQ a success! The whole party is a blur to me with all the grillin' and running around. It was a pleasure to go to HaleTikiGirl's home just up the street to see her tiki gardens. I can't believe I hadn't seen the tikis before. PiPhiRho made his Cannibal Cocktail and I must say, damn good. for the first time, we used my tiki blood bowl to mix the kava. I finally went to bed around 2am. A 12 Hour party, not too shabby.

See you all again, soon!

Good to hear y'all had a blast.

Pages: 1 20 replies