Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

TC sneak peak - new glazes and designs

Pages: 1 8 replies

As of now, we've got 28 new designs in total arriving this October through February of 2011. Shown here are just a few and in some of our new glazes. We'll be launching about 15 new glazes, all high-fire Tiki Farm stoneware top quality, many are highly reactive glazes and many are oxide underglaze/overglaze matte versions. Shown below are just a few samples...

We're a little behind on our ongoing normal launch schedule but that's a result of our overwhelming our factory. We promise you though it'll be worth the wait!

Also, be sure to keep an eye out for locale exclusives too from as far away as Holland to as down-home as Tennessee, to the deserts of Tucson, to the sun-drenched shores of Florida and our personal favorite tropicale locale, Hawaii.

Love that Maori on the right. This looks like a whole new generation of Tiki Farm animals!

Nice sneak peak tease.
looking forward to attempting a purchase.

Sweet Glazes!

VERY COOL!!!!!!!! (sorry excited.... :wink:)
Holden, you weren't kidding about the killer glazes, those are awesome....
I love them all
Hawaii Favorite.... hummmmmm.....

Okay, throwing in a few more here. This time we present you with finished sculpts that are currently in the glaze sampling stage...

On the left is a Batak influenced design. I haven't seen too many Indo/Batak inspired mugs over the years so I thought it'd be nice to introduce one through the Farm. We were going to give it a distressed wood grain, but thought that the hammered stone finish we're showing it as here will look nice against the concentric design pattern wraping around the upper torso, arms and across the knees.

On the right is a traditional Marquesan style with a nice "been laying around in a forbidden jungle for a while" distressed, heavily split/checked wooden finish. I dig the Marquesan style and would peg this at around, I dunno... our 8th or so Marquesan piece. Let's see...

Marqi Marq by Danny G.
Monster Marq by Danny G.
Econo 4-Pack Marquesan by Marcus Pizzuti
Marco Pollo by Squid
Mad Marq by Squid
Thatch Baby Eating Marquesan by unknown
Night of Tiki 3-Pack Marquesan by Shag

...more? I forget

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2010-09-24 13:07 ]

R

i've seen the blue maori mug in person and the picture does not do it any justice!!it is truly amazing in person.way to go holden. congrats.

Rockin good news!

T

looks great, great glazes on the designs!

Pages: 1 8 replies