Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's 9-22-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

This week we featured an all-Hawaiian music program. Next week’s will focus on Tiki music made by non-Hawaiians. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: September 22, 2010

1. “Waimea Cowboy” by Walter Wailehua from the CD: History of Hawaiian Steel Guitar

2. “Hawaiian Melody” by King Bennie Nawahi from the CD: Hawaiian Steel Guitar Classics – Historic Recordings 1927-1938 [1930]

3. “Maui Chimes” by Nani Wolfgramm & His Islanders from the CD: The Seductive Sounds of Hawaii: Polynesian Girl

4. “Medley of Hulas” the 1927 recording by Kalama's Quartet from the collection: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand

5. “Ama Ama” by Sam Alama from the CD Box Set: It’s Hotter in Hawaii

6. “Hula Honeys Hapa Haole Band” by the Hula Honeys from their CD: Life Just Got Sweeter, With Ginger Johnson on Tenor & Robyn Kneubuhl on Baritone Ukuleles & Vocals, Joe Costello on Guitar, Jeff Smith on Drums and Cliff Collins on String Bass

7. “Sophisticated Hula” by Na Leo from their CD: Where I Live There Are Rainbows

8. “Ku’u Wa Li’ili’I (Hupa Kole)” by Raiatea from her CD: Sweet & Lovely

9. “Pajama Tops” by Don Tiki from their latest CD: South of the Boudoir

10. “Heat Wave” the 1934 recording by Sol K. Bright & His Hollywaiians from the CD: From Honolulu to Hollywood – Jazz, Blues & Popular Specialties Performed Hawaiian Style

11. “Waikiki” by Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack from their CD: Shake Those Hula Hips

12. “Kiho’alu Ekahi (Slack Key Guitar No. 1)” by George Kuo from his CD: O Ke Aumoe – Night of the Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar

13. “Waikiki” from the 1963 recording: Duke Kahanamoku Presents a Beachboy Party With Waltah Clarke

14. “Little Brown Gal & My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua Hawai'i” by The Makaha Sons from their CD: Heke Wale No – Only the Best of the Makaha Sons

15. “Kamehameha Waltz” by Eddie Kamae from the LP: Heart of the Ukulele, recorded in Honolulu in 1962

16. “In a Mellow Tone” by Bill Tapia from his CD: Duke of Uke, Recorded in 2003 when he was 95 years old, With Yasui on String Bass and Benny Chong on Guitar

Pages: 1 0 replies