Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Tiki Ti Mugs

Pages: 1 25 replies

CJ

Sven? Holden? Can you please give everyone a sneak peek at the design? What I saw was FRIKIN RAD!

Mike Sr. showed me the sketches !

Its gonna look SOOOOOO awesome!! Sven did a great job of capturing the essence that is the Tiki Ti!

It's in mid-sculpting completion stage but here it is at the moment...

Hardy har har!! Will share it soon... the actual Tiki Ti Pagoda mug won't have the dragon!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Sep 24, 2010 8:24 PM

GROG saw this at Tiki Farm a couple of weeks ago. It's the approved mug and glaze. (Holden not know GROG take a photo while GROG visiting.)

So that's Holden's, Tiki Bobbin' ?

All kidding aside I want that Fong's Pizza mug and Holden I hate to do this to ya but could you please update this thread with any Non-Tiki mugs you have coming up? It's been two years!

On 2010-09-24 23:10, Bora Boris wrote:
All kidding aside I want that Fong's Pizza mug and Holden I hate to do this to ya but could you please update this thread with any Non-Tiki mugs you have coming up? It's been two years!

How about a Boogie Bobber?!

No?

C

yeah - we saw the drawings a couple/few months back when we were at Tiki Ti - they seem pretty excited about them, which was great to see :D

Can't wait to get my paws on one!!!

Where can you get one?

B

You just missed one on Ebay today, sold for over 140.00 :o

You mean THIS mug ? :

Hookeh, everybody, take a deep breath: This puppy will not be available until the holy week of the Tiki Ti's 50th Anniversary, which is beginning on Tiki Ti week time ( according to the Tiki Ti calendar a week has FOUR days: Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat ) on April 27th. Also: The Ti will be closed for the coming two weeks for a brief vacation.

What, by the way, happened to my earlier Tiki Ti/KCET post after I Ieft my house for the day!? Did I miss something? :-?

Aaah, so I was just informed. Well, I gotta say that you are all a bunch of wusses and sissies. Don't you realize it means they have already won?
At least my post was censored for "protective" reasons, I was worried that it was because someone viewed "it" as a religion. If "that" is a religion, I can declare Tiki to be a religion!

Anyway, no more cryptic references to a post that only a few have seen. let's hope the Tiki Ti's neighborhood will not be blighted at a time when we all are set to rejoice in their 50th anniversary. Long live the Tiki Ti! Onward with the show. :)

Holy Crap! Is that gonna be available to us outsiders?

J

I'm converting to Scientology so I can use their parking lot when visiting the Ti. Finding a spot in that neighborhood can be a bitch !!

There you go, John-O, you HAD to say the S-word! :roll: Forget about it now folks, I am sorry I ever said anything.

Back to the subject at hand:

Wanna dance? :)
I have heard that Tiki Farm will have some version of this dude available - when the time comes!

Oh, and let's bring this back around to the OFFICIAL thread by Holden, entitled: "Tiki Ti 50th Anniversary Mug"

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38075&forum=12

...where I will continue with the genesis story of the mug. :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-04-02 11:31 ]

BK

So, how many mugs are there in the Sven Kirsten collection?

Do you mean my own, at home? ...or the Tiki Farm designer brand.

At home: A lot, all over the place. Have not counted, but there are other people who have more.

The Tiki Farm label: That depends on Holden, if he lets me do more, or if customers request my concepts - I have tons of ideas lined up. :)

How Many Officially? Im Trying to keep up and love your mugs!

On 2011-04-18 00:51, Screaming Lord Richie wrote:
How Many Officially? Im Trying to keep up and love your mugs!

Well that'll prove to be rather easy: While there are over 400 Tiki Farm Tiki mugs out, there are only 3 from the Sven Kirsten Kollection. Actually only 2 have the imprint (Bahooka and Tiki Ti), the 10 Year BOT Tiki Reviver mug was my idea, but Moritz deserved to get the credit for its design.

I give you:

THE SPIRIT OF THE ANCESTORS!

In further, unrelated news:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-kcet-scientology-20110426,0,781911.story

J

Will the mug be available this Wed or are they waiting until Thursday ??

I fixed the LA Times link.

Thanks. Why does it do that, not accept the tail end of the html?

That mug availability question is a good one - I must say I am not sure. I am thinking that though the actual day of the anniversary is Thursday, they will not religiously adhere to it and hold the mug back: The whole week is anniversary week!

All I know is I will be there tomorrow when they open, to get a comfortable bar seat to drink and sign, drink and sign...

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-04-26 10:02 ]

On 2011-04-26 09:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
Thanks. Why does it do that, not accept the tail end of the html?

The comma throws it off. If you surround links with the bb code for url's [vrl] ... [/vrl] then it doesn't happen. (for display purposes I used v's instead of u's)

S

From what I picked up on another thread mugs won't be available until Thursday. Quasi-quote, "200 hundred mugs on hand to last 4 days this weekend, expecting demand to far exceed supply...". Good luck & get there early.

Thank you. This demands some clarification: I just put in a request with Charlie.

This is what their Facebook thread said:
"Tiki Ti The mugs are an interesting situation. We have 200 on hand right now, so that means about 50 available per night for the four nights this week. More are en route, and should be here by the first week of May. We will try to accomodate, but it looks like demand will outstrip supply here early."

Friends, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over this, after all it is an open end edition mug, the next batch is expected to arrive next month, so everybody will get one eventually!

The above was just confirmed: The Tiki Ti week is a four day week: WED/ THUR/ FRI/ SAT - 50 mugs every day

Pages: 1 25 replies