Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New Les Baxter Exotica! Sadismo!

Pages: 1 11 replies

Limited to 1,000 copies:

http://www.kritzerland.com/sadismo.htm

T

Thanks, Drew!

"Tongs for the Mammaries"? Got to be worth it just for that ....

Thanks for the tip!

[ Edited by: Quiet Village Idiot 2010-09-28 03:19 ]

Wholly Crap!!! This Baxter soundtrack onslaught is never ending!!!!! :)

I've been trying to locate a copy of the film for years! I guess the music will have to do.

Thanks, for the heads up Drew!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

It's crazy. For years the only Les Baxter soundtrack CDs were "Cry of the Banshee" and "Black Sunday"/"Baron Blood."

Now NINE of them have come out in the last year and a half:

Master of the World
Barbarian
Dunwich Horror
Panic in Year Zero
Cervantes
The Beast Within
Beach Blanket Bingo
Hell's Belles
Sadismo

I grabbed all of them except "Beach Blanket Bingo" - I just couldn't imagine spending 20 bucks on that one. :wink: Sadismo, judging from the samples, is the closest to the exotica albums.

Yeah, this is a real treasure trove. I hope they'll find tapes for "X,""Usher," "Pit," and "Alakazam" (film version).

ordered it - thanks for the heads up!

Jeff's right- this wave of Baxter soundtrack releases is mind blowing. Thanks for the list, too, Drew!
-Andy

You had me at 'Pet Snakes a Go Go'

Listening now - This is like a lost exotica album. The track that's on now is like a cross between Black Sunday or Baron Blood and the Sacred Idol!

On 2010-10-09 12:05, OnyaBirri wrote:
Listening now - This is like a lost exotica album. The track that's on now is like a cross between Black Sunday or Baron Blood and the Sacred Idol!

Spot on Drew!!!

This stuff is incredible!! So glad they dug out the Master tape for this. If anyone knows where I can track down a copy of the film please let me know.

Hopefully the soundtrack for X-The Man With The X-Ray Eyes is next!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2010-10-11 08:29 ]

Hoped to offer the first liquored-up review....beaten to the punch! This is great
stuff...reminds me a bit of some things on Raymond Scott "Manhattan Research Inc."
More cocktails and music!

T

Just got this today. Love it.

Mahalo OnyaBirri.

Pages: 1 11 replies