Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge Playlist 9-29-10

Pages: 1 0 replies

DZ

Last week we featured an all-Hawaiian music program. By way of contrast, this week we focused on Tiki music made by non-Hawaiians. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: September 29, 2010

1. “Wiki Wiki Mai” by The Makai Gents from their CD: The Wiki Wiki Grog Shop

2. “Why Do Hawaiians Sing Aloha” the 1937 song by Fats Waller from the collection: Broadway’s Gone Hawaii

3. “Moonlight in Waikiki” from 1938 by Mannie Klein and His Swing-A-Hulas from the CD: Jazz Goes Hawaiian

4. “Ma Princesse Des Mers Du Sud” by the Ukulele Club de Paris from their CD: Manuia!

5. “Rhythm of the Islands” the late 1930s recording in the United Kingdom by Felix Mendelsohn and His Hawaiian Serenaders from the CD of the same name

6. “Wailele O `Akaka” by The Essential Resophonics from their CD: Volume I/Evening in the Islands

7. “Tiki Tiki Puka” by Le Mai Tai Orchestra of Quebec, Under direction of Sir Christopher McLaren, from their CD: I Found My Wahine

8. “Haole Hula” by Riley Lee and Jeff Peterson from their CD: Haleakala

[BREAK]

1. “Hawaii Five-O TV Theme” by The Ventures from the anthology: The World of Surf Music

2. “Oblabla” by the German band, Tiki Tiki Bamboooos from their CD: Where Is Your Secret Spot? (with the vocal in Japanese!)

3. “Polynesian Bolero” by Robert Drasnin from his CD: Voodoo II

4. “Kohala March” by Bob Brozman, Mike Auldridge & David Grisman from their CD: Tone Poems III – The Sounds of Great Slide & Resophonic Instruments

5. “My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii” by Les Paul & Mary Ford from their 1959 recording of the classic Johnny Noble song on the LP: Lover's Luau

6. “Everybody Does It in Hawaii” the 1929 recording by Jimmie Rodgers from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand (With Weldon Burkes on ukulele)

7. “Tabu for Two” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from their most recent CD: Swingin’ Sounds for the Jungle Jetset!

8. “9 Hours” by Kava Kon from their CD: Departure Exotica

[BREAK]

1. “Bali Ha'i” by the Waitiki 7 from their latest CD release: New Sounds of Exotica

Pages: 1 0 replies