Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

BOT Tribute mug

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

Bigbro,

Outstanding news. A new Beachbum Berry recipe for a cool new mug. When and where is the release party for such a monumental occasion?

DC

No idea. Once we know when our ship will come in, we will certainly announce any such celebratin' right here in this thread.

Congrats Sven!!! It is an amazing Mug!

Amy

H

A must have.

B

Terrific mug gents!

This is one I will be adding to my collection for sure. Good catch on the raised jungle vines at the base of the mug...having them there REALLY adds an A+ to the overall look. Hopefully, you will try to glaze in colors similar to the cover art on the BOT.

cheers! -

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2010-10-20 13:58 ]

On 2010-10-07 19:41, bigbrotiki wrote:
No idea. Once we know when our ship will come in, we will certainly announce any such celebratin' right here in this thread.

Finally, I am thrilled to announce! :

`

We decided to keep it simple glaze-wise, not mess around, and go with a classic brown glaze. This puts the emphasis on the iconic SCULPTURE, which came out great. I am very happy with the end result, thank you Moritz, thank you Holden! This puppy looks like it walked straight off the book cover!

The special twist with this mug is its specially designed ritual potion concocted by Beachbum Berry. Those who know me know that I am in love with CONCEPTS. Ever since half a century ago (it seems) when Ted Haigh mixed a Monkey Gland cocktail for me, I was smitten by the idea of an aphrodisiac-containing cocktail. What a great opportunity for stupid jokes, I thought! :)

The fact that the BOT jump-started the Tiki Revival, mixed with the fact that (as everybody knows) a Tiki figure is a phallus symbol, seemed to make this mug the perfect container for such a witches brew. So I turned to the grand master of Tiki mixology, Mr.Bum himself, and humbly requested of him to conjure up something that contained such an essence. He furtively mumbled something under his breath, and then shuffled into seclusion in his lab:

Days turned into weeks, while horrible Jekyll & Hyde sounds emanated from behind the lab's heavy timbered door. Finally, he emerged, with wild eyes and an insane grin, shouting: BEHOLD the TIKI REVIVER!

I will not reveal the formula nor the secret ingredient yet, but each mug will have a recipe card in it - and the potion will be served at the Bahooka event. Here is the BACK of the card:

Looks beautiful !!!

However, an aphrodisiac-containing cocktail?!!! I hope you are prepared for the unbridled hedonism that will surely result. :)

We hired some Samoan bodyguards as security that are impervious to the drug and have anti-aphrodisic powers:

LOL, Hubba Hubba

T

Congratulations Sven, Holden, Moritz, and Beachbum Berry! The mug looks fantastic!

Go Afa and Sika, the Wild Samoans rule!

[ Edited by: TikiSan 2011-03-22 00:06 ]

Oy vey... Tommy Chong has really put on some weight. Must've given up smoking.

Good lookin' mug gents! It's the BOT in 3D! :D

E

Great mug! Anyone know how many are being made?

On 2011-03-21 20:51, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2010-10-07 19:41, bigbrotiki wrote:

Finally, I am thrilled to announce! :

`

We decided to keep it simple glaze-wise, not mess around, and go with a classic brown glaze. This puts the emphasis on the iconic SCULPTURE, which came out great. I am very happy with the end result, thank you Moritz, thank you Holden! This puppy looks like it walked straight off the book cover!

The special twist with this mug is its specially designed ritual potion concocted by Beachbum Berry. Those who know me know that I am in love with CONCEPTS. Ever since half a century ago (it seems) when Ted Haigh mixed a Monkey Gland cocktail for me, I was smitten by the idea of an aphrodisiac-containing cocktail. What a great opportunity for stupid jokes, I thought! :)

The fact that the BOT jump-started the Tiki Revival, mixed with the fact that (as everybody knows) a Tiki figure is a phallus symbol, seemed to make this mug the perfect container for such a witches brew. So I turned to the grand master of Tiki mixology, Mr.Bum himself, and humbly requested of him to conjure up something that contained such an essence. He furtively mumbled something under his breath, and then shuffled into seclusion in his lab:

Days turned into weeks, while horrible Jekyll & Hyde sounds emanated from behind the lab's heavy timbered door. Finally, he emerged, with wild eyes and an insane grin, shouting: BEHOLD the TIKI REVIVER!

I will not reveal the formula nor the secret ingredient yet, but each mug will have a recipe card in it - and the potion will be served at the Bahooka event. Here is the BACK of the card:

Looks great Sven,
can't wait to see it in person,
and get one. Like I need another mug.
:roll:
but this is a MUST HAVE!

Jeff(btd)

Size matters.

[ Edited by: professortiki 2011-03-22 12:04 ]

Thank you Mo, that is not only a bigger but also a much crisper looking ad, doing your work justice. :)

This is an open run mug, it'll be available for a while - just like the Sven-Tiki mug was.

Looking good Sven, Moritz and Holden.
I appreciate the open run aspect. I got tired of everyone releasing a "limited edition" long ago.
Ran

J

That Tiki design has almost an extraterrestrial look...

A topic which has been explored on TC before...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=35041

The ancient Mayans were rumored to have been visited by "Ancient Astronauts".

Why not the ancient Polynesians as well ??

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-03-22 17:51 ]

S

Where oh where can one obtain such a fabulous mug... if one is not able to attend such a fabulous night at Bahooka???

Eventually (not right now!) you will be able to harvest it at the place where it is being bred. It is a farm for Tiki mugs: http://www.tikifarm.com/

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-03-23 07:32 ]

After an exhausting exploration into the deepest jungle, I finally came upon the rare fetish.
Here is the first glimpse of this exotic idol:

It snarled at me, and then it was gone!

Catch your own specimen at the Bahooka on Sunday, and use this ritual vessel to imbibe the mysterious TIKI REVIVER potion!

I am thrilled to announce that, to assure exacting formula recreation, Captain Kelly "HipHipaHula" Reilly will be boarding the S.S. Bahooka and guarantee that no passengers overdose on the aphrodisiac contained in the mixture. After all, we are civilized men and women...

W

On 2011-04-07 18:57, bigbrotiki wrote:
After all, we are civilized men and women...

Hey who you callin' civilized! :)

Great looking mug Sven, can't wait to get my paws on one.

Chris
WestADad

On 2011-04-07 18:57, bigbrotiki wrote:
After an exhausting exploration into the deepest jungle, I finally came upon the rare fetish.
Here is the first glimpse of this exotic idol:

It snarled at me, and then it was gone!

Catch your own specimen at the Bahooka on Sunday, and use this ritual vessel to imbibe the mysterious TIKI REVIVER potion!

I am thrilled to announce that, to assure exacting formula recreation, Captain Kelly "HipHipaHula" Reilly will be boarding the S.S. Bahooka and guarantee that no passengers overdose on the aphrodisiac contained in the mixture. After all, we are civilized men and women...

I'm very proud and honored to be mixing up nearly a few hundred or millions of servings of "Tiki Reviver" for the Bahooka to serve up for the release of the Book of Tiki Mug this Sunday at the Bahooka. I've been in my lab working out math equations and taste testing, the cocktail is exotic and delicious to say the least. Did you know there is s a aphrodisiac in it? I can attest to this! Wonderful mug indeed a real show stopper, very impressive, awesome job everyone. Thanks again to Sven and Jeff for inviting me to mix up the Tiki Reviver! Cheers! See you at the Bahooka Sunday!

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-04-08 12:34 ]

"SO, who's this new guy?"

:D :D :D
Who dat Guy??
:D :D :D

I LOVE IT! and NEED ONE OF THESE MUGS!

Leave that guy alone Sven Mug's or his big Brother might have to step in.Dig?

Love the Orange baby..........

Now waitaminnit heeah, Sista ! WHO yo callin' WHOSE big brother? Your lil' critter wouldn't even be around if the Tropics Tiki that it is based on would not have been saved from destruction by the book that carries this "New Guy" on the cover! :)

Since I received the mug, I had this onslaught of ideas for photo portraits. I have already posted some, yesterday I topped it all, you will see - soon to be posted!

Rory, the only portrait idea that I am unable to do is the mug WITH the original art work of the cover: You will have to shoot that for me once you have the mug!

(I was thinking about an over-the-shoulder of him looking at the artwork, as if he is viewing it at a gallery?)

Here's another of my ensembles, entitled (while we are at the subject of family relations):

"FATHER & SON" (...the BOT Cover one being the grandfather)

Done.......

You mean like this? these are my practice shots for when i get the mug.....

X-actly! But shot inside (as I am sure you are planning to), and having the BOT mug just slightly turned to the left, so we see a little bit of his features. On a movie set, you would tell the talent to cheat their eye-line to a point left of the frame. If you don't overdo it, the cheat works. ...but don't start talking to the mug, your wife will think you finally cracked. :)

Certainly a mug that is true to its roots! Nice one guys. Should be able to get one for Tiki Towers here in Good Ol' Blighty, without breaking the already busted bank or stayin' up way past my bedtime and losing that 'oh so needed' but fruitless, beauty sleep.

Trader Jim (Make Mine a MAI-TAI!).

On 2011-04-09 13:36, bigbrotiki wrote:
"FATHER & SON" (...the BOT Cover one being the grandfather)

Since I received the mug, I had this onslaught of ideas for photo portraits. I have already posted some, yesterday I topped it all, you will see - soon to be posted!

So here are the two glamour "aphrodisiac" concept photos I mentioned above:

"At the Temple of Tiki"

"Fiery Phallus"

People keep on asking where to get this mug, so I want to clarify the obvious: At TIKI FARM, where else!
http://www.tikifarm.com/

There you will also get to see this fun little video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U0AU530d3E&feature=player_embedded

...with the mug speaking in "Hogan's Heroes" German - with words that are entirely put in my mouth, I must ad! :)

In Europe, the mug will be available in the near future here: http://www.alohawaii.de/

The recipe for the cocktail AND its ingredient can be found on the Beachbum's blog here:
http://beachbumberry.com/bum-recipes/

Love this Mug! Congrats Sven and Co. on another must have mug!
And those photo portraits are stellar too. Keep em coming Maestro!

Hey, wadda you know!:

http://www.lamag.com/askchrisblog/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10226131

Glad I took those photos...

Congrats, Sven, Moritz, Holden and the crew for making this awesome tiki come to life.. Can't wait to get my paws on one..
Great article btw..

I just found mine waiting for me on the stoop today, once I concoct some nutmeg syrup I'll be putting it to its employment. I hope they one day release a "purist" addition that has a lid on it a la Mr Bali Hai Man similar the rejected cover. Anyway good job and where can I put my name on the list for the Tiki Modern 10th anniversary mug in 2017? I was going to say get them while they’re hot but I see this one is already temporarily out of stock now.

On 2011-04-12 18:46, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hey, wadda you know!:

I hate when that happens! But hey, it was on the internet so it's free to use, right?

Got Two!

On 2011-04-15 19:40, SilverLine wrote:

On 2011-04-12 18:46, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hey, wadda you know!:

I hate when that happens! But hey, it was on the internet so it's free to use, right?

Didn't mean that sarcastically. :) I am actually glad that the story had that photo as eye candy to illustrate it, not just some flat-lit snap shot.

J

Temporarily sold out. hopefully some more will come soon

Pages: 1 2 87 replies