Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Parfait Amour

Pages: 1 4 replies

K
Klas posted on Thu, Oct 7, 2010 1:08 AM

Anyone have any tips for good (preferably exotic) drinks containing Parfait Amour? I think the vanilla/citrus blend should have potential and recently tried both "Royal Daiquiri" and "Joan Bennett" (both reprinted in Intoxica) but ended up somewhat disappointed.

H

Although not necessarily "Tiki", I've heard good things about the Jupiter Cocktail but have yet to try one.

http://www.cocktaildb.com/recipe_detail?id=1258

P

I came up with this drink some years ago when Purple Jade was still a regular here and named it after her...

Purple Jade

2 oz top shelf white rum (eg, Flor de Cana Extra Dry, Orinoco, etc.)
1 oz Parfait Amour
1/4 oz White Creme de Cacao
1/4 oz Chambord
Sqeeze of lemon

Put ice in a cocktail shaker, Cut about 1/6 lemon wedge from a fresh lemon and squeeze the lemon juice into the shaker. Add ingredients, shake and strain into a martini cocktail glass.

One thing I have discovered about Parfait Amour is that it does not age well, at least the Marie Brizzard variety. After it has been opened a while it starts to develop a kind of soapy taste. Very good when fresh, though. Not something to be used sparingly and kept around for a long time.

S

Some people might find this sacrilegious, but I occasionally substitute it for the orange curacao in my Mai Tais. I think it works well.

K
Klas posted on Fri, Oct 8, 2010 7:11 AM

On 2010-10-07 18:04, Hakalugi wrote:

Although not necessarily "Tiki", I've heard good things about the Jupiter Cocktail but have yet to try one.

http://www.cocktaildb.com/recipe_detail?id=1258

I somehow forgot to mention that I've actually done the Jupiter Cocktail a couple of times and really liked it!

On 2010-10-07 19:21, PiPhiRho wrote:

I came up with this drink some years ago when Purple Jade was still a regular here and named it after her...

Looks like a promising recipe! Just have to try and locate some Chambord for it.

On 2010-10-07 19:21, PiPhiRho wrote:

One thing I have discovered about Parfait Amour is that it does not age well, at least the Marie Brizzard variety. After it has been opened a while it starts to develop a kind of soapy taste.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I've had my DeKuyper bottle for at least a year but haven't noticed anything strange yet.

On 2010-10-07 23:01, swizzle wrote:

Some people might find this sacrilegious, but I occasionally substitute it for the orange curacao in my Mai Tais. I think it works well.

Yeah, sacrilegious indeed! :wink:

Pages: 1 4 replies