Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra - Bahooka - New Year's Eve - SOLD OUT !

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

T

*******TICKETS GO ON SALE via Paypal - MONDAY , NOVEMBER 1st at 12 NOON at http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com *******

TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA LIVE - NEW YEAR'S EVE !
BAHOOKA
4501 N. Rosemead Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770

Ring in the New year amongst Ohana, in the beautiful aquatic panorama of Bahooka, with this up-close, intimate performance of the Tikiyaki Orchestra.

We'll be performing 2 sets of Tikiyaki classics, as well as other surprises, and some new tunes from the upcoming Tikiyaki CD "Aloha, Baby !" (due out in spring 2011)

If you've never been to Bahooka, you're in for a real treat. It's one of the few places that still serves flaming cocktails.
The decor is truly unique and classic, old-school Tiki, boasting over 100 fish tanks, which give an underwater-like glow throughout the entire restaurant, which is an amazing collection of nautical flotsam and jetsam, crammed into every corner, wall and ceiling space...it's like being inside giant a nautical junk drawer...Boats, tikis, artifacts from all over the world...truly one of a kind.
The staff is very friendly, and they love our Tiki Ohana. Dinner and cocktails are delicious and moderately priced.

As a special thank you to our Ohana for your suppport this past year, each ticket holder will receive a pair of special, limited edition commemorative Mai Tai Glasses ideal for your favorite cocktails, and to add your ever-growing Tikiyaki drinkware collection !

Make early dinner reservations and enjoy Bahooka's famous Polynesian ribs and grog (purchased separately) OR order during the show.

Seating is limited and there are 2 different types of seating :

BANQUET SEATING - Larger banquet tables will be set up along the walls. These seats can be purchased as single tickets,and can accommodate dinner and cocktails

OR

COCKTAIL SEATING - 4 seat cocktail tables, which may only be purchased as a group of 4 .
These tables are for not suited for dinner service as they are small, thus suited to cocktails (and maybe appetizers)

You can choose your table when you go to purchase tickets at http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

Tickets are a very affordable $30 (plus $1.25 paypal service fee) , and that includes party favors and the pair of the commemorative Glasses.

DJ Big Jeff "Big Tiki Dude" will be once again spinning classic Hawaiian, Exotica and Surf all night, and setting the exotic moods for the evening.

This is a LIMITED SEATING ENGAGEMENT, and tickets will go fast, so order now and don't miss out to see The Tikiyaki Orchestra perform in this amazing, intimate setting.

Aloha, Baby ! We look forward to seeing you there !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-12-01 12:39 ]

TM

Right on!

L

Wherever you guys are going to play I am going to try come down for :)

If I cant ring in the New Year busting Marty's chops what really is the point of celebrating at all??

T

You can say THAT again, Liz....oh, you already did :)

And, I look forward to your state of the art heckling.

T

Hmmm...is that a Bahooka mug I see...?

T

very perceptive :wink:

Such subtle, yet effective marketing....

S

What's happening on that day?

B

Can't wait for details, was hoping you guys would play a New Years show !!

Rob

M

Rufus!

We are there for sure.

M

It would be so amazing if you were on the Big Island for New Year's Eve...

T

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-11-04 01:13 ]

L

Hell yeah!!

You're stuck with us jim!

I'm sticking with the Tikiyaki tradition.
why fuck with a good/steady/reliable good time?

Jeff(btd)

CJ

where's the hotel suggestions?

T

Comfort Suites Rosemead‎
9488 Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA‎ - (626) 228-0528‎

America's Best Inns & Suites‎- more info »
8714 Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA‎ - (626) 571-6942‎

Personally, I'd go with the Comfort Inn....For those who don't know, Rosemead is not exactly Beverly Hills.

The Comfort Inn seems like the best bet.

*******TICKETS GO ON SALE via Paypal - MONDAY , NOVEMBER 1st at 12 NOON at http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com *******

BAHOOKA
4501 N. Rosemead Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770

Ring in the New year amongst Ohana, in the beautiful aquatic panorama of Bahooka, with this up-close, intimate performance of the Tikiyaki Orchestra.

We'll be performing 2 sets of Tikiyaki classics, as well as other surprises, and some new tunes from the upcoming Tikiyaki CD "Aloha, Baby !" (due out in spring 2011)

If you've never been to Bahooka, you're in for a real treat. It's one of the few places that still serves flaming cocktails.
The decor is truly unique and classic, old-school Tiki, boasting over 100 fish tanks, which give an underwater-like glow throughout the entire restaurant, which is an amazing collection of nautical flotsam and jetsam, crammed into every corner, wall and ceiling space...it's like being inside giant a nautical junk drawer...Boats, tikis, artifacts from all over the world...truly one of a kind.
The staff is very friendly, and they love our Tiki Ohana. Dinner and cocktails are delicious and moderately priced.

As a special thank you to our Ohana for your suppport this past year, each ticket holder will receive a pair of special, limited edition commemorative Mai Tai Glasses ideal for favorite cocktails, and to add your ever-growing Tikiyaki drinkware collection !

Make early dinner reservations and enjoy Bahooka's famous Polynesian ribs and grog (purchased separately) OR order during the show.

BANQUET SEATING - Larger banquet tables will be set up along the walls. These seats can be purchased as single tickets,and can accommodate dinner and cocktails

OR

COCKTAIL SEATING - 4 seat cocktail tables, which may only be purchased as a group of 4 .
These tables are for not suited for dinner service as they are small, thus suited to cocktails (and maybe appetizers)

You can choose your table when you go to purchase tickets at http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

Tickets are a very affordable $30 (plus $1.25 paypal service fee) , and that includes party favors and the pair of the commemorative Glasses.

DJ Big Jeff "Big Tiki Dude" will be once again spinning classic Hawaiian, Exotica and Surf all night, and setting the exotic moods for the evening.

This is a LIMITED SEATING ENGAGEMENT, and tickets will go fast, so order now and don't miss out to see The Tikiyaki Orchestra perform in this amazing, intimate setting.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-10-28 22:25 ]

Woohoo!!

er I mean hell yeah!!

Jeff(btd)

T

Two upcoming Tikiyaki shows in as many months. What a way to end 2010. Hey Jim...will there be assigned seating or will it be general admission?

On 2010-10-29 01:21, Tobor64 wrote:
Two upcoming Tikiyaki shows in as many months. What a way to end 2010. Hey Jim...will there be assigned seating or will it be general admission?

Basically you will be assigned to whatever table you bought your ticket at. Then choose a seat at that table yourself.

So, it's semi-assigned seating.

T

BUMP !

TICKETS GO ON SALE IN 30 MINUTES FOLKS.

Go and get em' !

I bet they sell out in less than 1 hour.

Jeff(btd)

T

We're in. Whew!!

(Thanks, Jeff!)

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2010-11-01 13:04 ]

possibly sell out all ready?
wow!!

Jim,
where are they supposed to go,
after they click here?
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com/

Jeff(btd)

TT

Got our tickets! Sherriyaki & I are at table 10.

Click on "Purchase Tickets" button.

L

I just woke up and am glad I remembered these went on sale today!

You betcha I will be up close to the bandstand--whats a Tikiyaki Show without a little holiday heckling?

Cant wait to ring in the New Year with you fellas

xoxoxo

when I go to the link, I don't see the event for New Years Eve.
weird.

Jeff(btd)

T

That's what was happening with me for awhile, then I hit the "refresh page" button on my browser which will bring up the show info & "buy tickets" bar.

guess computer genius is not my highlight.
I did the same and it worked for me too.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-10-28 22:26, tikiyaki wrote:

BAHOOKA
4501 N. Rosemead Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770

As a special thank you to our Ohana for your suppport this past year, each ticket holder will receive a pair of special, limited edition commemorative Mai Tai Glasses ideal for favorite cocktails, and to add your ever-growing Tikiyaki drinkware collection !

OR

Bump for new Page.

R

any pics of the mai tai glasses???

DZ

On 2010-11-01 12:59, Tonga Tom wrote:

The Good Doctor is IN!

Table 10 - REPRESENT!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

TT

On 2010-11-01 14:55, Doctor Z wrote:

On 2010-11-01 12:59, Tonga Tom wrote:

The Good Doctor is IN!

Table 10 - REPRESENT!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

YES!!!

I'll be sittin at my own little table,
probably with a dunce hat on.
:-/

Jeff(btd)

T

Jeff will be sitting at the card table and folding chairs with the little kids

Ha!! Bingo!

On 2010-11-01 16:20, tikiyaki wrote:
Jeff will be sitting at the card table and folding chairs with the little kids

Is there room at our table?! Lol! I thought we got the kids table!

Super excited!
Mandy

K

Recovering from last night at the Tonga Hut; I almost forgot about the sale! Good thing there was a table left!

ML

Here is the current state of ticket availability as of 9:45pm on Nov. 1st. Hurry up and don't wait. These are going fast

This only shows completely sold out tables. Some tables' seats are almost sold out.

B

I grabbed four tickets this morning for Table 3 - they're going fast ! See you guys there !

Edit : Just FYI, the Comfort Inn has a two night minimum stay for 12/31 - and the Holiday Inn Express'es closeby are already full that night. I wound up getting a reservation at the Ramada El Monte about 3 miles away from the Bahooka.

Cheers !
Rob

[ Edited by: Bad30th 2010-11-02 09:34 ]

T

Tix are going fast....get em soon !

J

Aloha!

I just wanted to take a moment and express our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to all of the hardcore Tikiyaki fans that have already made our third annual New Year's Eve extravaganza a near SELL OUT!!! There are VERY few tickets left and we truly appreciate each and every one of you that went out of your way immediately to make sure you would be in attendance at this special event!

And, SPECIAL event is exactly what it's going to be!! This might be the very last time to catch The Tikiyaki Orchestra in such an intimate, up close and personal setting. Every seat in the house is a good one and will make those in attendance feel like they're a part of a close Tiki family--Ohana, if you will.

As an added bonus for those who chose to ring in 2011 with us, we will be presenting the WORLD PREMIERES of selected songs from our forthcoming album ALOHA, BABY! Not only will this be the world premiere of live performances of these songs, but we'll also have an extremely exclusive early playing of rough mixes of the songs over the PA system!!!

We encourage those making the voyage to the Bahooka for this once-in-a-lifetime event, to get to the area early, put on your urban archeologist hats, make Sven proud, and explore first-hand the incredible original Tiki-related buildings still in existence right up the street!!!

VISIT....the location of the famous former "Hidden Tiki" photo on page 15 of the Book of Tiki, The Outrigger Apartments

WITNESS...actual Huge Leroy Schmaltz Tikis, still in situ in front of the Kahlua Apartments

EXPLORE...the multitude of carvings still literally covering The Kona Kai Apartments

Now, for those who may be unfamiliar with the old-school, original-era, 1967 Tiki coolness that is THE BAHOOKA, checking out the following might be fun...

BAHOOKA Thread in Locating Tiki

BAHOOKA Website

Don't forget about that incredible first mug in Tiki Farm's "Sven Kirsten Kollection"

And, here's a little sample of The Tikiyaki Orchestra in the actual NYE room at Bahooka:
MAI TAIS ON THE MOON VIDEO

Grab those last couple of tickets before it's too late!!!
We really look forward to celebrating the new year with our true Ohana!!!

T

I think JP needs to do a gallery show of his photographs. Stellar !

TM

What I really love about Tikiyaki Orchestra is the personal way they connect with the audience. This doesn't just feel like some band, but more like a band of friends. It's like having family members that can play a show for you. Not to mention the extremely good quality of the music!

K
kirby posted on Sat, Nov 6, 2010 9:27 AM

Its a band of brothers,and Marty Lush is the adopted special needs kid.

On 2010-11-05 18:24, JONPAUL wrote:
Aloha!

I just wanted to take a moment and express our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to all of the hardcore Tikiyaki fans that have already made our third annual New Year's Eve extravaganza a near SELL OUT!!! There are VERY few tickets left and we truly appreciate each and every one of you that went out of your way immediately to make sure you would be in attendance at this special event!

And, SPECIAL event is exactly what it's going to be!! This might be the very last time to catch The Tikiyaki Orchestra in such an intimate, up close and personal setting. Every seat in the house is a good one and will make those in attendance feel like they're a part of a close Tiki family--Ohana, if you will.

As an added bonus for those who chose to ring in 2011 with us, we will be presenting the WORLD PREMIERES of selected songs from our forthcoming album ALOHA, BABY! Not only will this be the world premiere of live performances of these songs, but we'll also have an extremely exclusive early playing of rough mixes of the songs over the PA system!!!

We encourage those making the voyage to the Bahooka for this once-in-a-lifetime event, to get to the area early, put on your urban archeologist hats, make Sven proud, and explore first-hand the incredible original Tiki-related buildings still in existence right up the street!!!

VISIT....the location of the famous former "Hidden Tiki" photo on page 15 of the Book of Tiki, The Outrigger Apartments

WITNESS...actual Huge Leroy Schmaltz Tikis, still in situ in front of the Kahlua Apartments

EXPLORE...the multitude of carvings still literally covering The Kona Kai Apartments

Now, for those who may be unfamiliar with the old-school, original-era, 1967 Tiki coolness that is THE BAHOOKA, checking out the following might be fun...

BAHOOKA Thread in Locating Tiki

BAHOOKA Website

Don't forget about that incredible first mug in Tiki Farm's "Sven Kirsten Kollection"

And, here's a little sample of The Tikiyaki Orchestra in the actual NYE room at Bahooka:
MAI TAIS ON THE MOON VIDEO

Grab those last couple of tickets before it's too late!!!
We really look forward to celebrating the new year with our true Ohana!!!

wow, nice pics man,
Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies