Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Waldorf Hotel Grand (Re)Opening Halloween Party (Vancouver)

Pages: 1 3 replies

The Waldorf is having its official grand opening on Saturday the 30th starting at 6pm. Here are some details from the facebook page:

We are pleased to announce the launch of the new Waldorf Hotel.

To celebrate, we're throwing a FREE multi-room Halloween party that will showcase the entire complex including our newly renovated hotel rooms and lobby, two dining areas, a freshly restored 1950s tiki bar and both nightclub and banquet spaces (the Cabaret and the Leeteg Room).

Here's a link to the event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165012713510349&index=1
I wish I could make it, but I won't be able to get away. I hope some of our West Coast TC'ers do, though! If you go, get some photos!

Damn, that would be fun to go to. Won't likely be making it but I'm jonesing for a trip to the west coast soon, maybe next spring?

T

It's true alright, the Waldorf is back and ready to go!! Check out this awesome news paper article on the history and all that the new owners have done to the Dorf.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/westcoast-life/still+tiki+time+Waldorf+Hotel/3736756/story.html

It took up 3 pages in the Vancouver Sun and is a great article with cool stories and some nice pictures.

I will let all you distant Dorf supporters know how it all turns out. I can't wait to hear the new "old" sound system and some exotica being played through the Tahitian Lounge! Can't wait!!!! We're talking about one of the best remaining early examples of pure original Tiki splendor left standing!!! :)

Mahalo, TabooDan

T

I guess I should say something on here about the opening itself in case you can't follow the link and read the article. :wink:

WALDORF HOTEL opening night

Where: 1489 East Hastings

When: Saturday, Oct. 30

Tickets: free

Mahalo, TabooDan

Pages: 1 3 replies