Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

custom shadowboxes !! new boomerang style !!

Pages: 1 21 replies

Been busy lately hammering out some custom made AMOEBA shadow boxes as a side project and thought that i might throw them up here in the market place in case anyone might be interested. I'm working on some tiki themed ones as well but right now i have these available in my etsy shop in the "funky fabrications" section.....these are great for showing off a favorite mug or 50's figurine/collectable. I can customize the colors as well if none of the ones i have listed fit your decor...For more info, check them out here:

http://www.dskdesigns.etsy.com

thanks for looking !!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2011-04-01 05:03 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2011-05-07 05:59 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-01-19 20:37 ]

Xlnt work as always .

L

I saw these in your shop and I really liked them. Great work!

thanks all !!

here's another color I added to the mix.....these were a custom order but i can make more.

I finally finished up a new version of my already popular shadowbox wall units- these are the same size as the others 16" by 12" with a 3" deep shelf , but rather than have an actual box, i made these with a simple shelve to put your collectables......They are styled and designed to look vintage. I have these 2 pairs available right now. They are $40 a pair which is $10 less than the others (because there's less work involved in these for me). I can make custom colors, mix or match. I make both styles on a per order basis. If you want a particular color combo let me know. Add $15 S/H or if you are local you can pick them up and save on shipping.

• ceramic figurine not included *

get yours or get a friend a set in time for the holidays.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-12-01 19:50 ]

Here's the latest addition to my custom shadow shelves / boxes series i have been doing of late...... These are a more tiki themed style for those of you with tropical style lounges....... measures the same as the others, 16" by 12 " each wih a 3" deep shelf....hand made and hand painted, styled and designed to look like vintage shelves. These are made of printed MDF featuring a split bamboo veneer style pattern and reed matting screen on back. I do not have alot of this material so this particular style will be really, really limited... get yours quick !!

Man these are cool!

Fine styling and craftsmanship indeed!

Thanks all !! I have been collecting vintage stuff for many years now and one thing i noticed is that over the years, many of the cool, simple shadow boxes never survived the years like ceramics and such have....I guess that because they were made of such flimsy materials that they damaged easily and were the first things lost to time or thrown away..... it's rare to find any of those cool shadow boxes in decent shape these days which is what inspired me to try to recreate the look and feel of them and try to reproduce them both for my own use and so that other folks might be able to use them to display their collectables..... these are not copies of an actual design but rather my own interpretation, using common 50's styling elements... if you are really lucky, you might happen upon one of the old vintage ones at a flea market or antique mall....but even then, they still have issues and need patching or fixing to some degree. I plan on experimenting with some different styles and even including those little fake flower boxes you see on the old ones....i'm having fun with it so we'll see where it goes from here....

L

On 2010-12-19 16:03, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Glad to see you have been selling some of your shadowboxes online...these are awesome.

thanks !! ..

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-12-23 21:29 ]

here's the latest color scheme for the shadow boxes - pastel 50's pink and black. These are available for the same price as the others - $50 plus $18 shipping/handling.

thanks for lookin !!

These are cool. Can you do the shelf design in turquoise?

On 2011-01-30 08:46, DarthMalaguti wrote:
These are cool. Can you do the shelf design in turquoise?

absolutely.

Dave,

I just gotta tell ya that these are so incredibly fantastic that I jes can't stan-it!

I wish I had your skillz 'cuz I'd sell the Hell outta these at my shop!

these are going anywhere from $62 - $100 a pair on ebay when i list them there. that's not including shipping. these are a great deal so snap them up directly from me on my etsy site. pick them up directly from me if you are in town and save on shipping.

Greetings!!

My custom made amoeba wall hanging shadow boxes from earlier this year are a runaway hit. This time i decided to step it up with a new design. Only 23" long and 16" tall. Perfect for your 50's figurines and such. Made of wood with metal screening. I have yet to attach the hangers on the back which is why i have pics of it leaning against the wall. I'm making a very limited run of these with a small twist on colors.... Black and 50's green or chartruese , black and turquoise and black and asian red in addition to the black and pink scheme shown here. I'll be listing this one this weekend on ebay if anyone is interested. After that i will be making these to order.

Thanks !!

Here's a new one with a different color scheme. I'm selling these for $100 - includes shipping, handling, delivery confirmation and insurance- p.m. me if interested,
thanks !!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2011-04-24 19:43 ]

Here are some of the latest testimonials from satisfied customers... these were lifted from the feedback I recieved on ebay and etsy for both styles of shadow boxes.....

......"Stunning item Fantastic communication Great packaging Quick shipping Thank you!"

...."Thank you so much for helping me find these on your Etsy account. I received them safely and I love them. Thank you again~! "

...." AMAZING!!! Love them! Thanks so much! They look great in my living room :) Nicely packed A++++ Will be back for more " :)

... "Thanks so much for the lightning fast shipping and gorgeous wall shelves. These are amazing!"

....." I am absolutely blown away by how great the quality of these are!!! I will definitely be back,thank you so much! "

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-01-19 20:26 ]

New for 2012 !!!

Made to look like vintage mid century style shadowboxes. This pair, in pink and black color scheme measures 17" tall by about 13" wide. Both have 2 hangers on the back for easy hanging. Shelf box inside dimensions are 6.75" by 6.75" and 3" deep. Made of MDF board and metal screen details. These are made to order so please allow about 1 week from the time you order till the time they ship. Check out my amoeba shadow boxes for other color possibilities - just contact me and let me know if you would like a different base color other than the pink featured here. Right now I have pink, turquoise, black, green (chartruese), and antique white. Black will always be the color of the screens and box unless you specify something else.

*** shelf sitter figures not included, but shown to give you an idea of what these might look like with a nice pair of your own collectable figures and such inside them ***

Will ship international, please contact me for shipping quote.

Only $75 a pair plus $18 shipping.

Looking Good Tipsy, But did you have to cut up my screen door for those frame inserts?

Pages: 1 21 replies