Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Oasis 3/Palm Springs Finds

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

Did some exploring of the Palm Springs junk/antique/estate shops during the Tiki Oasis 3 weekend. I was actually quite shocked to find many mugs living in the wild. At one shop alone I saw 10+ vintage mugs. Unfortunately, they were rather common OMC, Orchids, Daga, Westwood, and Trader Vic's vessels. But they were a decent price, most around $10. However, one shop owner said that someone else had just been in and cleaned them out of most of their mugs. So, someone here apparently made a major score. I'm really curious what I missed. If anyone else had good fortune in their PS tiki hunting I'd like to hear about it...

ModMana :drink:

L
laney posted on Thu, May 15, 2003 4:46 PM

Ask SCD! We're all pissed at him now!

I was so pissed at SCD for his score of a $25 witco table, I, ah..., brought it home for him (?)

It's just a little coffee table.....
My little girl uses it as her coloring/fingerpainting table.

HA! Just kidding!

Front of table legs

Back of table legs

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-05-16 13:29 ]

P

What a great score ! congrats.

M

Yes, definitely a nice score there SCD! I wish I could have been the one posting the pics of that piece. : ) I saw a lot of very cool mid-century furniture for sale but no Witco (and I was looking for it).

ModMana :drink:

Nice work SCD! That is a nice nab.

Chongolio

C

Oasis was sold out by the time I got someone to drive out with me so we went to the Shag show and invaded the shops. I found a flaming red The Tikis mug. It has a little chip on the rim and wasn't cheap but it's very, very pretty.

It's just 'raining Witco' for him, isn't it?

Pages: 1 8 replies