Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge 10-13-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

This week we leaned jazzward once again. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: October 13, 2010

1. “Ain't Nobody's Business But My Own” from the collection: Ella Fitzgerald/Supreme Jazz [Duet With Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five/1950]

2. “On Coconut Island” the 1936 recording by Louis Armstrong & The Polynesians from the Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand, Disc Four [Andy Iona on Uke/Vibes & Sam Koki on Steel Guitar/1936]

3. “I Can’t Get Started” from the Chet Baker/Supreme Jazz Super Audio CD/1954-56 (By Duke Ellington)

4. “I Got Rhythm” from the anthology: Felix Mendelsohn and His Hawaiian Serenaders

5. “When Banana Skins Are Falling” the 1949 song by Slim Gaillard from the Box Set: Laughing in Rhythm [Disc Four – Opera in Vout]

6. “Nani Waimea” by Nani Wolfgramm & His Islanders from the CD: Polynesian Girl – The Seductive Sounds of Hawaii

7. “So in Love” by Washington, D.C.’s own Duende Quartet [By Cole Porter]

8. “Love Me or Leave Me” the 1945 recording by Billy Eckstine and His Orchestra from the CD Box Set: The Fats Navarro Story [DISC 1 – The Bebop Boys] With Fats Navarro on Trumpet, Gene Ammons on Tenor Sax & Art Blakey on Drums/Broadcast From the Plantation Club, Los Angeles

9. “Besame Mucho” the 1961 recording by Wes Montgomery from his Riverside Profiles CD [With Mel Rhyne on Organ]

10. “Primitiva” from the CD: Skinny Dip With Don Tiki

11. “Drume Negrita” by Art Farmer from the CD: Brass Shout & Aztec Suite [With Jose Mangal, Tommy Lopez & Willie Rodriguez, Latin Percussion]

12. “3D Mambo” by Cesar Concepcion and His Orchestra from the CD: A Little Taste of Mambo

13. “Tanga” by Machito & His Afro-Cubans from the CD anthology: Latin Jazz/La Combinacion Perfecta

14. “Bigas Nunca Mais” & “A Felicidade” by Jackie Ryan from her Two-CD set: Doozy [In Portuguese/Romero Lubambo on Guitar Solo]

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-10-16 16:10 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies