Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge Playlist 10-27-10

Pages: 1 0 replies

This week we indulged in our annual celebration of Halloween. Be sure to listen next week to Part One of our History of the Ukulele on Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on WEBR Fairfax Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: October 27, 2010

1. “Call of the Freaks” the 1929 recording by King Oliver & His Orchestra from: The Complete Victor Recordings, Volume 1 – Call of the Freaks [Joe “King” Oliver on Trumpet]

2. “Never Hit Your Grandma With a Shovel” the 1942 recording by Spike Jones & His City Slickers from the CD Box Set: Strictly for Music Lovers

3. “Hi-Tiddly-Hi-Ti Island” the 1937 song by George Formby from the collection: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand

4. “Mo'o Lele” by Leviathon & The Creepy Crab Critters from the recording: Spooky Halloween Ukulele

5. “That Old Black Magic” Keely Smith’s duet with Louis Prima from the CD: Absolutely the Best of Keely Smith

6. “Another Day, Another Man,” the 1967 movie trailer from the CD anthology: Sex and the ‘60s

7. “(I Don't Stand a) Ghost of a Chance” the 1955 recording by Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra from the CD Box Set: Lady Sings the Blues

8. “Voodoo Love” by the Waitiki 7 from their CD: New Sounds of Exotica

9. “Nematoda” Keali’I Reichel’s duet with Kekuhi Kanahele from his CD: Collection Two – Kamalei

10. “That Hynotizing Man” from the CD: Skinny Dip With Don Tiki

11. “A Lover's Prayer” from the collection: Don Ho’s Greatest Hits

12. “The Mummy” by Bob McFadden & Dor from the collection: RE/Search Incredibly Strange Music, Volume II

13. “Jack, You’re Dead” the 1947 hit song from the CD Box Set: Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five

14. “Sitting In Limbo” by Dianne Reeves from the CD: The Palo Alto Sessions 1981-1985

15. “Dance of the Headhunters” by Tito Puente from his 1960 LP: Tambo’

Pages: 1 0 replies