Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking for a good framer.

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good framer in the West LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood area. I need to get my Palm Springs After Dark print framed, & I'm looking for someone who does a good job without charging an arm & a leg.

TikiPug

Money Man Gallery in Orange. Tell him you are a Tiki Freak and he'll give you a deal. His name is Tiki John.

L
laney posted on Sat, May 17, 2003 9:32 AM

Hey, I happend by that store by accident. That guy, John, has some SWEET lamps in the back room. I couldn't talk him into selling one but he has lots of carved tikis, Tiki Farm mugs, etc. and does framing so it may be worth the drive from LA. You could hit Bamboo Ben, House of Tiki, and do Sam's for dinner. Make a day of it!
Here's the place
Ph. 714 744-6011
655 N. Tustin Ave.
Orange CA 92867

T

Have you checked out Frame Fetish?
I don't know if he's located anywhere near you (I really don't know anything about California :( ) but Dave does some awesome work!

All my Shag prints are in a simple black frame with acid free foam core and UV glass. I custom order all my framing supplies from Aaron Bros. and do everything myself. It typically costs me around $100 per print, depending on the size. They all look great and simple with no garish frames. If you feel confident, maybe order the supplies and try framing some of them yourself! I just don't always trust (no offense to anyone) my pricey print in just anyone's hands..... Good luck!

[ Edited by: tikichic on 2003-05-17 13:16 ]

At first I thought this thread was 'Looking for a Good Farmer'.

haha

Check Saskatchewan - I think they have some there!

S

Not in LA, but on the edge of LAC/OC - check out The Picture Show Gallery on Main Street in Seal Beach. I've had three prints framed there (2 Shags) and they do awesome work at affordable prices (they also carry Shag prints -- shhh, it's a secret!). The also specialize in tiki, Hawaiiana, and surf.

Ask for Mike.

Tell 'em Arty sent ya!

C

He's got:
Roma Adventure
The Yawn
Sepik (sp?) Explorer
Three Wahines
Coolest Ghouls
Four Drummers of the Apocalypse
Wives with Knives
Birdnik's Table
Come Sin w/ Me
Night Birds
the Calypso pair
Baron Vodaklov
The Stairs
Sammy Davis
Sophisticated Misfits
Undertakers Wrong Turn
Vice Monkeys

I snagged Midnight Drive. :) Wheee!!!

My favorite framing shop is in the San Fernando Valley
the Canvas Peddlar
5543 Satsuma Ave.
(just south of Burbank Blvd.)
North Hollywood, CA
(818) 985-8830

Tell 'em Mary-Margaret Stratton sent you - I used to work there - they do great work! they do lots of work forthe studios and yet still manage to do custom framing for very reasonable prices.

Definitely see Link (yes Link is his name) at framefetish.com. He framed a 30"x40" Disney/Tiki print with bamboo style frame and INCREDIBLE hand cut matting for $280. It is easily the best peice in my room simply from the matting.

My $.02

Monkeyman

H

On 2003-05-20 12:54, tikifish wrote:
At first I thought this thread was 'Looking for a Good Farmer'.

When I saw someone was looking for a framer, I thought someone was building a tiki outstructure on their property. Wrong kind of framer.

I just thought someone was looking to "set-up" someone for something they didn't do.

Pages: 1 11 replies