Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Miguel Covarrubias artista y explorador book

Pages: 1 10 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Oct 30, 2010 2:57 PM

Rare. Out of print. Ediciones Era. Printed in Mexico. 1993. 141 pages. Color. with 159 illustrations and photographs. Text by Silvia Navarrete, Covarrubias definite biographer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Miguel-Covarrubias-Artista-y-explorador-S-Navarrete-/270656889335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f046861f7

[ Edited by: Zeta 2010-10-30 14:57 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Nov 1, 2010 4:38 PM

Hello? Is there anybody in there?

M

Hi Zeta, My experience with ebay listing announcements is that people will rarely post replies to them on TC. Tons of people may look, but they won't reply. Two possiblilities in my mind for this; 1) the auction says it all or 2) The person who wants to bid on it won't reply (which will bring more attention to the item) in hopes that they can get a better deal. Less bids= a cheaper buy price.

BTW-Is that your listing?

PS-I enjoy your doodles, get them coming!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 9:58 PM

Thanx mrsmiley! You are a nice guy! I am glad you enjoy my doodles!

Yes it's my listing...

Also, if anyone is interested, this item is also available for trade for something of similar value.

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Nov 3, 2010 5:32 PM

Bump # 1

Zeta, I am afraid that no matter what its antiquarian/market value is, no one here has that kinda money for a book right now. I bought it when it came out (and since then every other book about him). I think it was the first modern book on his work to be published in decades.
And see my post in the Covarrubias murals thread.

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Nov 5, 2010 12:06 PM

Who wants to prove bigbrotiki wrong by purchasing this fabulous book?
It has many many unique pictures that can't be found anywhere else!

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Nov 7, 2010 7:44 AM

Bump #2

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Nov 7, 2010 8:39 PM

Come on people! Give me some of your money!

H

Zeta, your price is way too high! Abebooks has more than one copy for much less:

Here's one example:
http://tinyurl.com/32wwnxp

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Nov 7, 2010 9:49 PM

Rats... :(

Pages: 1 10 replies