Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Bowl ID?

Pages: 1 3 replies

S

So I have done a bit of searching and have found a few similar bowls from omc but these appear to be more rounded. They are ceramic though. There are no markings or stickers that I have noticed. Any idea what they are? The gal I picked them up from says they are from the 60's and she got them from an antique shop. Any ideas?

LT

They look like pieces from Spurlin Cerarmics. Very nice!

That glaze has all the hallmarks of Spurlin Ceramics. The same type of bowls used at the Islander here in Los Angeles.

Here's another thread with some info on Spurlin ceramics, but do a search here on TC with the word "Spurlin" and you should see some more examples with the same glaze.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26304&forum=5

I think the scorpion bowls used at the Islander restaurant would be marked "Islander", but Spurlin also sold unmarked versions to any restaurants that needed them.

Midnight might chime in here with more information, but in any case, those are very nice scorpion bowls.

S

Thanks everyone. I am glad to see I scored some cool stuff. I picked both up for pretty cheap so I'm glad I didn't get junk.

Pages: 1 3 replies