Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

The Art Of Stephen Sandoval-Update On Page 1

Pages: 1 20 replies

T

Hello, all. At last I feel like I've got enough pieces to finally post here in the gallery, so enjoy:

"AstroTiki!"
My first painting in eons, and also my first tiki piece.

"Rebirth"
A framed print of this painting now graces a wall of the ladies room at Tiki No in North Hollywood!

"The Best Candy"
This is a piece done for the 2010 Tonga Hut Halloween Art Show. The Tiki Witch lures Trick or Treaters with her bowl of eye candy, only to have the unsuspecting kids' eyeballs plucked out of their sockets by her faithful Mudmen minions. She's been collecting the masks of the unfortunate on her wall...and there's room for one more...

"Castaway Comics"
This is the piece I did for the 2010 Art Of Gilligan's Island show at The Tonga Hut. I'm a comic book geek from way back & grew up on Gilligan reruns, so it was only natural to combine the two and give them a little humorous twist as well.

"Future Bob"
This is my imagining of Tiki Bob's resurrection sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future & its subsequent centuries of success after that. And the secret of that success? Why, the ever popular "Lingerie Lunch" of course.

All of the images above are available as limited edition giclee prints so PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2011-03-25 11:55 ]

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2011-03-29 14:35 ]

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2011-03-29 14:36 ]

[ Edited by: tobor64 2012-06-19 10:53 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 8:48 AM

Impressive! What's your technique? How much for the "Astro-tiki".
Thanks for sharing.

Really cool work. Can we see some more?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 11:13 AM

Awesome art! These are available as prints if you're interested in purchasing them. :D

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 11:16 AM

So, they are digitally painted, right?

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 11:36 AM

Yay!!

Hats off to you my bro - impressive line-up so far. Thanks for posting. G

Tabor, I didn't know you were an artist! Were you holding out or was I not paying attention (the other option is that I knew and forgot already)?

So many cool elements in AstroTiki that make me smile like the tiki torch thrusters :D

T

Thanks guys, for the kind words!

On 2010-11-02 08:48, Zeta wrote:
Impressive! What's your technique? How much for the "Astro-tiki".

Hi Zeta,

Yes, the "AstroTiki!" is available as a limited edition framed canvas giclee. I only had 10 of these made & they go for $300.00 each. The other two pieces are also available on watercolor paper as either framed or unframed prints.

I work in Painter and think it's an amazing program. I remember using one of the first versions of it many moons ago & thought it was pretty crummy, but it's come a long way and now I'm hooked. I've only worked with the Oil Paints & Pen And Ink brushes so far but there are plenty of other media to try out, from acrylics to pastels to watercolor.

On 2010-11-02 11:13, GROG wrote:
Awesome art! These are available as prints if you're interested in purchasing them. :D

Hmmm...sounds like someone's gunnin' for a piece of the action! Thanks, Grog!

On 2010-11-02 09:03, cheeky half wrote:
Really cool work. Can we see some more?

Welllll....okay. Here's a sneak peek at my current piece for the Art Of Gilligan's Island show in a few weeks at the Tonga Hut...

Stephen it was such fun to view the first one while we stood in line at Forbidden Island. Enlarged, well wow! Terrific art and fun, Wendy

Right on Stephen! Killer offerings so far.

Crazy how you worked on the tiki (Islander bar sign) in rebirth
a while ago, and now it is around the corner at Tiki No.
Your mana must have brought it here!

T

Whoa, Stephen!!! You've been holdin' out on us! AWESOME work, can't wait to see more!

Astrotiki is perfectly fantastic! Fantastically perfect!

T

Here's a sneak peek at my piece for the upcoming Tiki Bob Art Show at The Tonga Hut this Sunday, March 27th at 4:00PM. I'll be posting the full image the Monday following the show opening. Hope you can attend!

Great work!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Mar 25, 2011 4:14 PM

:) I'll settle for a snippet I guess...

...back to my room

You have mastered an art form and cut your mind free to imagine all these images. That's the hardest part of art and you have conquered it completely. I'm so impressed with your talent. Wendy

C
cy posted on Sat, Mar 26, 2011 10:12 AM

Fantastic work tobor64! I will now be having mudmen nightmares.

T

Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm hoping to have another painting or two posted here soon.

In the meantime, I've added a picture on page one of the piece I did for Grog's Tiki Bob Art Show at The Tonga Hut.

Enjoy!

BB

Way overdue for more cool stuff! Please share some more. :)

I agree with Boris!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Mar 2, 2013 11:36 PM

He just started a new job and he's been doing some artwork for a couple of upcoming art shows, but I doubt the artwork is Tiki related. He's actually got stuff in art show tomorrow which is why he won't make it over to the Tonga Hut for the Bowlarama art show.

Pages: 1 20 replies