Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

'Doug's First Day In 3D' Tiki Mug

Pages: 1 19 replies

Doug, the murderous Moai, is set to make his first appearance in three dimensions as a unique and extremely limited edition mug.

Based on the Los Furias Tiki illustrations and sculpted by the ludicrously talented Bai Tiki, the mug will debut in August 2011 at the Puttiki 3D event in a glaze limited to 30 pieces only.

There will then be a run of three glazes (limited to 100 pieces each) based on the colours of the Doug trilogy: Blue Christmas, Soylent Green and Redrum.

Please bear in mind that the attached images are of work in progress but I will post updated images here as the mug evolves or you can follow it's progress on the Los Furias Tiki fan page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-Furias-Tiki/175265578839?ref=sgm

Alright, a British/French co-production! Euro-Tiki, Viva!

I think it's more a French/British thing... I just turn out the doodles, Bai has done all of the hard work.

The original art and the mug sculpt both are GREAT! Hope I can score one.

LT

Love it! I'm in for one.

A quick Doug update:

The sculpt is complete and ready to go, so here's a last look at the amazing work of Bai Tiki before it all goes a bit quiet as some experimenting with glazes takes place...

I'm going to start putting a mailing list together to keep anyone who's interested in snagging a Doug up to date with how it's going and any pre-order options. If you're interested then drop me a line at:

[email protected]

Thank you for all your positive feedback here and on Facebook and I'm looking forward to getting some Doug's out into the world!

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has emailed to be put on the mailing list... As soon as I have a price and date for the launch then I will let everyone know and start pre-orders.

C

Awesome. I loved the Doug's First Day painting at Tiki Today. I definitely want one of the mugs! Email coming your way :tiki:

P

WOWOWOW! That thing is incredible! Like the painting came to life!

The mailing list is coming along nicely, so thanks again to everyone for the interest and support.

I'm sorting out an HTML mailing list to ensure that you will get nice, clear images of the glazes and this is taking a while for me to put together, so don't feel ignored if you don't hear anything for a while...

Of course, I'll be sure to post images in this thread too.

C

Love the 3D Doug! He really is VERY handsome! I'll take 10!

Thank you, he is a dapper fellow.

The sculpt is all done and ready to make an army of Doug's... I'll get some pictures up of the glazes and general fun as we go.

There will also be some news on the second Los Furias Tiki mug soon... It's a beaut!

T

AMAZING!!!! I want one too :)

Please put me on the list as well.

If there's a list...I want ON!!!

There is a mailing list which will have details of pre-orders once the glazes are ready and everyone has had a chance to look at the finished mug... Just drop me a line on:

[email protected]

Also, the amazing Bai Tiki (who did the incredible sculpt for Doug) has just launched her web page:

http://bybai.jimdo.com/

It's well worth a visit (as long as you don't have your credit card in your hand or you may find it curiously maxed out by the time you've finished looking).

I think the mug has arrived! I can't wait to see it.

The Bai Tiki sculpt has arrived safely from Paris and is ready to go off and become some glorious mugs!

This is just a quick snapshot to give everyone an idea of scale because, as you can see, Doug is a BEAST of a vessel:

The final mugs will be around 2 to 3 inches smaller but that still leaves him at an impressive size (and able to hold a good 140z of booze)!

Tho everyone who has emailed for the mailing list, you will be recieving info very shortly on due dates and pricing... You haven't been forgotten, I promise!

More news soon.

[email protected]

Right, the Doug Sculpt has left the building and begun his journey to become Doug Mugs...

I have a rough delivery date of early April for the first 30, so all you patient Mailing Listers can expect some news shortly after Christmas.

I have just launched a competition on the Los Furias Tiki page on Facebook to win one of each glaze in the Doug Mug.

Follow the link to enter:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&¬e_id=154915897891948&id=175265578839

More news to follow.

[ Edited by: Los Furias Tiki 2011-01-10 10:53 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies