Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thee Swank Bastards at Purple Orchid Saturday, Nov. 13

Pages: 1 12 replies

oh my.

this coming Sat.
who's in?

The Swank Bastards from Las Vegas,
at the Purple Orchid, in El Segundo, Ca.
221 Richmond Street, El Segundo, CA 90245-3719
(310) 322-5829
10 pm to 1 am,

Laura and I will be there !!!

C

Hmmmm. So far everything BTD has recomended has been great. If I can get off work early, attending may be a possibility.

[ Edited by: Chippy 2010-11-09 10:18 ]

why Thank you Chippy.

Jeff(btd)

DZ

Well, I missed hittin' the PO for Halloween & I missed TSB last time I was in Vegas, so I think I'll be there this weekend to make up for both of them. Probably drink twice as much, too...

plus as opposed to their last performance at Don's(where Szandora wasn't allowed to take her top off).
I think that Dave and Rebeca almost demand it.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

manyana

C

I was able to make this show and once again BTD came pick the great shows.

Too bad the crowd was so diverse. From drunk college age kids yelling for 'Freebird' and the horny barflys staring and bumping into Szandora's hoop sometimes distracted from vibe. Perhaps I am getting old or it is just the frustrated musician in me that would like the crowd to sit back and enjoy the show an appriciate the scene. (Oh no, I am starting to rant.). But still a very good time.

I saw BTD there and Briana but I must apologize I did not get a chance to get over to say hello.

Thanks to TikiSkaBro and Miss A for the lift to the gig.

It was fun! But oh so crowded, and yes, it was a pretty diverse crowd. :wink:
Thee Swank Bastards always put on a GREAT show. My husband actually had the opportunity to play a show with one of his bands at the same time, and refused it because we didn't want to miss this.

Good to see you, bigtikidude!

~ Terra

J

On 2010-11-14 08:48, Chippy wrote:
Too bad the crowd was so diverse. From drunk college age kids yelling for 'Freebird'...

Sorry I missed this, especially since it was a show on my side of town for a change.

For a Surf Music show, you want a diverse crowd, especially one that's ordering booze. Based on talking to the bar staff at the Surf Guitar 101 Convention, hardcore Surf Music fans don't really drink alcohol (unless they're also Tikiphiles, who drink like fish). If only Surf Music fans showed up, there wouldn't be enough bar revenue to justify the cost of paying an out-of-town band.

Pages: 1 12 replies