Tiki Central / Other Crafts

First clay tikis in progress...

Pages: 1 38 replies

Very cool work!

Thanks

E
ebtiki posted on Sat, Nov 6, 2010 2:52 AM

Nice work!!

Welcome to TC Shrunkentiki, you've been busy!

Great wood texture, I guess it helps being a wood carver too. They don't look like mugs, I take it they are sculptural pieces?

Beautiful glazework - looks like verdigris in the low spots and rubbed bronze on the high spots

T

Wow! These are really special in my book, sculpture or vessel, really doesn't matter.

Thanks Mike, its not glazework,it's a "patine" usually used for cooker plates , vert de gris patine and hand polished

B

I Like Em!! That Patine is beautiful...

ST, I can't find any info about your vert de gris patine. Is it a bronze foil like gold leaf that you apply to the surface?

TB

vraiment super ton travail :wink: really nice work!!!
I love your style!

Excellent work with clay... Insane detail on those tiki's

T

Way cool. And those are your 1st attempts? Can't wait to see what you follow those up with.

Thanks, some new in the oven today .....

On 2010-11-07 19:03, MadDogMike wrote:
ST, I can't find any info about your vert de gris patine. Is it a bronze foil like gold leaf that you apply to the surface?
[/quote

Thanks ST.

Looks like a similar product called Iron-56 Black Iron Paste is available in the US

But it don't come cheap at $30 for 10 ounces!

Beautiful finish you have created there! I would have believed it was aged cast bronze.

S

On 2010-11-05 19:59, shrunkentiki wrote:

It soo very nice sculpture you are making, wiss I was so good as you are.. big fan off you

@ Mike : I think the black one coast approximatively 10 USD for a can, if you need some ask me...
@ skipper : Thanks , your vase looks good too

S

That moai is brilliant.

L

Belle texture... faudra que tu m'expliques un jour comment tu finis tes pièces, bois ou terre, ça pas l'air commun et franchement bien intéressant!

Avec plaisir , t'as deja essayé la terre ?

L
Lente posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2011 5:04 PM

On 2010-11-28 23:49, swizzle wrote:
That moai is brilliant.

Truly.

T

I can see a lot of your influences. Squid/Gecko and Bosko.

That's true i love their job, but it's a long way to be as good as their work
Next step try to glazed some piece, maybe the monkey...

M

WOW, nice work! I love the glazes and the designs, you've really got it down!

P

Shrunktentiki,

Brilliant work, amazing detail and glazes...I'm really hoping to get into making mugs at some point...First I have to get used to working with wood...

PW

BT

Great stuff, the green guy is the best.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 24, 2011 10:32 AM

Lookin' good. Don't forget his wiener.

Thanks, no "quequette" for this one ...

Coco Joe's style Lono in progress

ready to put in the oven

Berliner Bob ( thanks Laojia for the name), called like this 'cause the stone effect was made with the small piece on the pic, who's a fragment of Berlin wall

Mimi Le Meaux & Evie Lovelle with Tangaroa

Pages: 1 38 replies