Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

TabooDan's New TabooBaby!

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Aloha all! Just wanted to share some news with the Ohana on here.
My beautiful fiance, Shailos, and I have had our first baby boy.

He was born on Oct. 13th at 1:18am and weighed 6.7Lbs. His name is Ollie (another skateboard reference in my life! :)) well, actually Oliver. His initials will be O.J.! Ha Ha! This is why I haven't been posting as much as I would like and also for my lack of current progress shots over in the Zombie Hideaway.

We consider ourselves very blessed to have him and we are very lucky to have this new healthy addition in our lives. I'm also lucky cause soon I'll have another little hunter to go out searchin with me and a new Zombie in the Hideaway!!

Here's a shot of him stretching out on Mama at about 11 days old:

And here's one where I'm trying to tell him the basic rules of Tiki Collecting:

Thanks for looking!
Mahalo, TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2010-11-07 15:17 ]

BB

Congratulations TabooDan and Hello TabooOllie! :D

R

Conga-rats! Hey, where's his little touk?

BK

Wow! Cute kid! Must look like mom! :lol:
Congrats, Dan. They make great pets.

L

Congrats!I totally forgot you were expecting a little one. Hes a cutie. Please add more pics too :)

Congrats! What a handsome little dude.

Isn't TikiWahini pregnant in BC too? Something in the water maybe?

Congrats Dan & family, Ollie sure is a cutie!!!!

Yep it's true, my second keiki is coming in two weeks time.
Minions to continue the tiki way of life!

I'm so happy for you two, he'll be shaking cocktails in no time!

I wish I could hold him. What a sweet boy. You are a happy man I can tell. Hugs from Wendy and Dan

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2010 9:25 AM

Das a guud-lookin' kid. Congratulations.

Happy Birthday Ollie!

TabooDan,

Good looking boy, congratulations, welcome to the Dad club! How did you manage to sneak out to that opening at the Waldorf so soon?? Look forward to some pics with you and Ollie in the Polynesian Room. That's got to be his first Tiki gig.

DC

What a cutie pie! Well done, you two.

T

Thank you EVERYBODY for the kind words and for the Ohana Spirit!! Much appreciated by all!

Hey MadDogMike, Thanks! Maybe there is something in the water up here. My fiance's sister had her kid only 16 days before ours was born!! That was weird!

DustyCajun, Yeh, you wondered about the Waldorf as well. I explained to my fiance how pathetic I would be if I couldn't even make it to the one Tiki Place we have here for it's opening. Especially of this caliber! She was not real happy about it when I left but I swear I saw a little flicker of a smile when I told her I didn't get in and that I stood in the rain for over 2 hours :(

I do think the Waldorf will be some of the first pictures of little Ollie in a Tiki establishment so I will post them here when I get some.

Thanks again to everybody for checking this out and for bringing some smiles to our faces. All the best, Mahalo, TabooDan

WooHoo! Congratulations on Your New Bundle of Joy!!

What a beautiful boy! You will have to make sure to get a photo of TabooBaby sitting in the giant shell in the wall near the downstairs bar at the Waldorf - we used to park my little sister there when that room was a coffee shop back in the mid-60s. Hopefully you don't have to get TabooBaby some fake I.D. to get him in there now ...

Congratulations Dan !!!!!! Good looking boy. With the talent he has inherited from his mom and dad he should go far. Congratulations again to you and your family.

T

Thanks again everybody!! Time for a quick update.

Wendy (danlovestikis) inspired me to post this after I read an article that was written about her in a local paper.

Here's the article if you missed it:
http://www.egcitizen.com/articles/2011/03/24/lifestyle/doc4d8bc08b9f43f270562584.txt

Here's a shot of Oliver who is now just shy of six months already!!

This is him with his glass just filled up with the appropriate cocktail:

And this is him after:

Wendy made these mugs quite large so it may have the same effect on me. Gotta try it!! The Zombie Hut mugs are awesome and Wendy did a great job catching this iconic image!

Mahalo to all!
TabooDan

Gosh Dan, I just checked Ohana to see who was having a birthday and then clicked to see your baby. What a surprise to find these photos. I have saved them for all time. Your baby is precious and beautiful, you are a lucky guy, Wendy

ps any chance you could post them on my crafts thread so they'll always be available for me to show off?

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-04-06 10:57 ]

Ollie sure looks like his dad in that first picture.

Pages: 1 18 replies