Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge 11-10-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

This week was we the second of two shows dedicated to the history of that joyous little king of musical instruments -- the ukulele. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on WEBR Fairfax Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: November 10, 2010

1. “Hawaiian Stormy Weather” by Master’s Hawaiians from the collection: It’s Hotter in Hawaii

2. “Ukulele Lady” by Vaughn DeLeath from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand [1925]

3. “Hilo March” by Mike Hanapi from the CD: History of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar [1930s]

4. “Kalima Waltz” the 1931 song by the Roy Smeck Hawaiian Orchestra from the CD Box Set: Steelin’ It – The Steel Guitar Story

5. “Granada” by Na`Oiwi Featuring David Kamakahi from the CD: Legends of the Ukulele – Hawaiian Masters

6. “Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula” recorded in the early 1950s by Haleloke & Arthur Godfrey from the anthology: Broadway’s Gone Hawaii

7. “I'll Weave a Lei of Stars for You” the 1948 song by The Royal Hawaiian Serenaders from the CD: Territorial Airwaves – Radio Hula

8. “The Wave” the Antonio Carlos Jobim song performed by Dino Guzman from the CD: Legends of the Ukulele, Vol. 2

9. “Stars and Stripes Forever” by the Kalima Brothers from the CD: Vintage Hawaiian Legends, Volume 1, with Jesse Kalima on Ukulele; Albert Kalima on Bass; Honey Kalima and Cyril “Gabby” Gomes on Guitars; Junior Kalima & Julian Gasper on Lap Steel Guitar; and Richard Kapapanuihanumoku Kauhi on Piano

10. “Kulaha” by Le Mai Tai Orchestra of Quebec, under direction of Sir Christopher McLaren, from their CD: I Found My Wahine

11. “Tahiti Nui” by Amy Hanaiali’I from her CD: Generation Hawaii, With David “Chino” Montero on Lead & Rhythm Ukulele and Lead Guitar, including a sample of Aunty Louise Marston

12. “Piano-Forte” by Jake Shimabukuro from his CD: Live

13. “Waikiki” by Troy Fernandez from his CD: Ride Time

14. “Java Javanaise” by the Ukulele Club de Paris from their recording: Manuia!

15. “Lady Be Good” by Bill Tapia on ukulele, who was born in 1908 and was 95 when this CD, Duke of Uke, was recorded in 2003

16. “Out of Nowhere” by the Hula Honeys from their CD: Life Just Got Sweeter [Featuring Ginger Johnson on Tenor and Robyn Kneubuhl on Baritone Ukuleles]

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-11-11 13:11 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies