Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chin Tiki Detroit Swingin Xmas Bongo Beach Bonanza 12/11/10

Pages: 1 18 replies

It's back! Our annual Christmas Tiki Event at Chin's Livonia, still owned by the Chin family of Chin Tiki Detroit.
It's the SWINGING XMAS BONGO BEACH BONANZA
Saturday, December 11, 1pm to 12am

Lots of new vendors and artists this year! You will be amazed at the quality and quantity of great tiki for sale this year!
So spread the word, we want our largest turnout ever. Email me with any questions.

The poster will be for sale and our tiki raffle will be back!

M

Cant wait , just finished striping 2 new panels tonight. Lots of new stuff. Come out SE Mich Tiki Folks!! Support the people that hae hosted this party for all of us over the years.

T

Looking forward to another one

M

The only thing like in Michigan.

M

Just saw Nancy at Chins putting out cards on the tables. She was working out the details for a very special drink that was served at the original Chin Tiki, hint it comes in a pineapple and will be available in limited quantity's. Be there or......well you know!!! Support your local tiki scene!!!

M

Come out!!!!!! You see any other old establishments like Chins around these parts??????? Nice break from our cold Michigan weather!!!! Support Nancy and her efforts in continuing this always fun night out!!

M

Just saw a big 5 footer that Chad a.k.a. Beaves Tikis wrapped up oday and all I can say is WOW!!!! For those of you on the fence....get off before someone pushes ya off!!!! I hope to see some of ya there

Wow that is great! There are so many vendors this year. And as always the one of a kind stuff goes fast. So you might want to get there early.

Marlin's pineapple boat cocktail will be limited. First come first serve. I don't think he will start making these until later in the evening. So I think
people just need to plan on a whole day at this event.

M
Matiki posted on Sat, Dec 4, 2010 9:30 PM

1 week Detroit Tiki people. Do we have anything else goin on like this in these parts??????? the short answer is NO!!!!! So get your bad self over to Chins, tip a few or sip a few!!!!! good music, good grub, oceanic arts tikiness, lots of fun to be had!!

M
Matiki posted on Thu, Dec 9, 2010 5:53 PM

This Saturday. You need to be here or Santa's reindeer will poop on your lawn!!!!

M

Thank you Nancy and Chin's for another great show.

[ Edited by: mudbone 2010-12-12 05:12 ]

M

Whaaaa there is nothing cool going on in Detroit. We dont have a Tiki scene here. Well it was here last night from 1 to midnight and for those of you that missed it , TOO BAD!!!! hopefully next time you get out ogf the rocking chair and hang out. I had a drink in a pinapple for god sake --- a real pinapple!!!! Thanks to everyone for coming out anf thanks to Nancy and Keith for continuing this great tradition

Looks like a good time - yet again.
I need to find info on that last picture - vendor - looking at the left corner of the last pic above (a non tiki item) VW logos under the peace sign - Anyone know who dat is?

Mahalo
again cool stuffs

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2010-12-12 09:56 ]

M

Check out Speedcult for all the metal signs you were looking at.

Any date set for this year's event?

I'd like to make a trip to Chin's again and bring my tikis with me!

I may actually be able to go to this, any details for this year?

On 2011-11-26 14:50, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:
I may actually be able to go to this, any details for this year?

Wondering the same thing. I have a bunch of work to bring, but a busy calendar in December.
Does anyone know if there is an event planned for this year?

M

Saturday December 10th 2012 Chins Christmas deal. In prior years we were setting up around noon and the deal goes on as long as we want it seems ( usually around 11 ) I will see if Nancy will post it up here. Last year was great with the great Pineapple drink that hasnt been made since the old Chin Tiki days and every drink had a Chin Tiki swizzle stick in it.

who is the artist of the following pieces?

Great stuff and the large piece is killer.........

When I think Detroit Tiki,I think Sam Gambino

Pages: 1 18 replies